Premed 101 Forums

Congrats on finishing MMI Weekend!

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to give a big congratulations to every who interviewed at Dal this past weekend! We the Med1s loved getting to know you all and hope you enjoyed your time in Halifax/Saint John.

As always, If you ever have any questions feel free to send us an email at askadalmedstudent@gmail.com! 

Again, congrats on being done!! 

AAMS

On 11/27/2018 at 4:49 PM, MDWilliams said:

@Dalhousie AAMSHow many of the Med1's thought their interviews went poorly but still got in?

It's completely normal to feel like you could have done better, said things more clearly, or brought up an additional point. Its way easier to think about the negatives and forget the positives! Like @hartk48 said, many people in our class felt unsatisfied about their performance, and then theres people who felt like they aced it. At the end of the day, you honestly never know (which kind of adds to the excitement of this whole journey). 

I would say don't worry too much about it,  all of your work is done! 

- AAMS

1 hour ago, premed_67 said:

I'm not sure if anyone knows/can give me an answer to this but, for a few of my stations, the interviewers asked me a follow-up question when there was less than 30 sec left. I didn't have the chance to answer the question, would I be penalized for that? :/ 

Followups are to probe you further but you are not advantaged/disadvantaged for answering/not answering them. You're judged on what you said during the entirety of the station so don't worry about it 

On 12/5/2018 at 7:30 PM, dankmeme said:

Yeah just to add to this, last year I got cut off answering followups at like basically every station, and it worked out fine. Don't worry about it too much!

thank you, this makes me feel better! it's so hard to not think about it and wait till March haha 

Archived