Premed 101 Forums

How many verifiers contacted to date?

I received an e-mail from UBC indicating that some of my versifiers have not replied. I have reached out to all my verifiers to remind them to check their SPAM folders. Can anyone comment on what happens if the Admission's Office does not hear back from my verifiers? 

So far, I have had 5 verifiers contacted at two separate times. Once in September and once in early November. 

51 minutes ago, Poloma said:

I've had 10 contacted! I have a question - if they're contacting verifiers does that mean our AQ was satisfactory? 

Just means that you met the grade percentage/MCAT/credit minimums to get a total file review. Beyond that, doesn't mean much...

7 minutes ago, kronos said:

Just means that you met the grade percentage/MCAT/credit minimums to get a total file review. Beyond that, doesn't mean much...

Lame! Was hoping for SOME KIND of hint because it looks like we'll all be waiting at least another week :angry: 

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Poloma said:

I've had 10 contacted! I have a question - if they're contacting verifiers does that mean our AQ was satisfactory? 

Absolutely no correlation. The first time I applied I had at least 10 verifiers contacted and I ended up being over 15 points short of an interview. The only thing you know for sure is that you got a full file review!

1 hour ago, Hannnah said:

Absolutely no correlation. The first time I applied I had at least 10 verifiers contacted and I ended up being over 15 points short of an interview. The only thing you know for sure is that you got a full file review!

Yup, there is no correlation between receiving an invitation and the number of verifiers contacted (or even how many rounds an applicant’s verifiers were contacted).

5 hours ago, Yeeewww said:

I received an e-mail from UBC indicating that some of my versifiers have not replied. I have reached out to all my verifiers to remind them to check their SPAM folders. Can anyone comment on what happens if the Admission's Office does not hear back from my verifiers? 

So far, I have had 5 verifiers contacted at two separate times. Once in September and once in early November. 

Hmm, perhaps you can also tell your verifier(s) to check their email (inbox and spam folders) by searching something like “UBC verifier” — maybe they receive many emails and the one from UBC just got lost among others.  Do you know if they’ve been contacted by phone?  If you can also ask them kindly to be more aware of incoming calls within the next couple of weeks, that would be good as well.

If UBC cannot verify an entry because the verifier did not respond to email/call, then I think they just don’t consider that entry in your NAQ, unfortunately :(.  You will still get full file review though, but your NAQ may drop.

20 hours ago, Neurophiliac said:

If UBC cannot verify an entry because the verifier did not respond to email/call, then I think they just don’t consider that entry in your NAQ, unfortunately :(.  You will still get full file review though, but your NAQ may drop.

Dang, ok. Thank you! I have reached out again to all my verifiers to confirm if they have been contacted. Fingers crossed. 

Archived