Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites 2018/2019

13 hours ago, killingmesoftly said:

Last year I got rejected on Dec 19th. Perhaps rejections are sent out earlier. 

It's all send at the same time, it's just that the date on the portal (late december) doesn't match the date when these decisions are actually released (early jan)

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, ActuallyFuckMyLife said:

Rejected :(

IP

AGPA: 4.42

MCAT: 521

Casper: ¿¿¿

So devastated. Thoroughly prepared for the Casper test and thought it went well! I am genuinely heartbroken right now. Don't know what to do? Good luck to everyone else.

Are you sure you are IP? You have crazy good AGPA + MCAT for an IP to not get an interview

30 minutes ago, ActuallyFuckMyLife said:

Rejected :(

IP

AGPA: 4.42

MCAT: 521

Casper: ¿¿¿

So devastated. Thoroughly prepared for the Casper test and thought it went well! I am genuinely heartbroken right now. Don't know what to do? Good luck to everyone else.

I thought Invites/Rs haven’t been released yet? 

8 minutes ago, MitralLunar said:

Are you sure you are IP? You have crazy good AGPA + MCAT for an IP to not get an interview

I am pretty sure ActuallyFuckMyLife is a troll....he/she posted on the Dental forum a couple of months ago. I think ActuallyFuckMyLife needs to get a life

3 minutes ago, ActuallyFuckMyLife said:

This is a very devastating moment in my life right now. I don't need your negativity and hurtful responses. As for the matter of commenting on a Dentistry forum, I don't think it's fair to say that my activity on another forum for a backup career is an indication of my authenticity of my situation. At this point in time, I have never felt more lower in my entire life and you just had to kick me when I'm down. Regardless, I wish you good luck in your pursuit of becoming a medical professional.

I spoke to admissions and they assure me that neither invites nor rejections have been sent yet. So while I agree that this is probably a very devastating moment in your life, it is not because you received a rejection from U of M. It is more likely because you have other issues in your life which leave you with nothing to do but troll on forums.

1 minute ago, anxiouscloud said:

Invite!

IP

Non-rural

First time applying, thought it was a long shot since my stats are below average. I thought Casper went well and was hoping it would help

Trying to register for MMI but it seems to be down. Can't add my recommenders either 

Congrats! I have similar stats (though my MCAT was a bit lower). I am elated right now. Congrats to everyone else who is getting an interview!

Reject

OOP

Non-rural

First time applying to Manitoba. Obviously bombed CASPer. Looks like this year is gonna be a repeat of last year. Does not bode well at all for Mac and Ottawa. It is what it is I guess. 

The sad thing is my typing speed has gone up by 20wpm since I wrote CASPer. I'm a perfectly ethical, normal guy. I just type slow. That test is just unfair IMO. It is what it is.

EDIT: I wanted to edit this for future reference. I actually ended up getting an interview at McMaster (Stats: 3.99, 131). So it seems my CASPer was moderately adequate although I recognize that with my high stats, my CASPer doesn't have to be outstanding for Mac, but one would think the same would apply to Manitoba. It seems that Manitoba just became far more competitive than in previous years, probably because the introduction of CASPer made a lot more people apply. More money for them I guess lol. 

Or perhaps I was very borderline for both Manitoba and Mac, in that I narrowly missed getting an interview at manitoba and just barely got an interview at mac. Who knows loool

1 minute ago, yohohoy said:

Reject

OOP

Non-rural

First time applying to Manitoba. Obviously bombed CASPer. Looks like this year is gonna be a repeat of last year. Does not bode well at all for Mac and Ottawa. It is what it is I guess. 

The sad thing is my typing speed has gone up by 20wpm since I wrote CASPer. I'm a perfectly ethical, normal guy. I just type slow. That test is just unfair IMO. It is what it is.

What was the reason for your rejection as stated in your decision letter?

Archived