Premed 101 Forums

One of my two references has not received an email

Hey Evilsloth

I think I would contact admissions if a referee hadn't received an email yet and I believed this referee would add more to my application. Was this referee also a verifier? It is possible that they only need the one, since the verifier thing is much more comprehensive this year and I hear the reference letter is shorter.

If I thought the referee was neutral or only as positive as my other verifiers I may be tempted to leave it be. However I think contacting admissions either way won't look bad. I'm sure they understand people are concerned. I'm just an applicant like you though, no authority so take what I say with a grain of salt!

Maybe they are staggering the emails? And did you check if you inputted the correct contact info for this referee?? Let us know what you hear back! 

Both of my references are also verifiers for other activities and both said they weren’t asked to write a letter but only had 500 characters to write a description plus some questions. So maybe for those who are a verifier and a referee they are only sending one form? 

I got a response. They basically said that the applicant does not a play a role in the process and that verifiers and referees don't have to tell the applicant when they submit online forms, and suggested telling them to check spam/junk folders. 

Also, they said this: "Eventually, all verifiers and referees will be emailed". 

• 1 month later...

Archived