Premed 101 Forums

Alright, I am a second year pre-med student and I have received a 52% in Organic Chemistry which is by far the most devasting mark I have ever received. I am currently looking to enter the UofS med school.

With this mark, my GPA is 76.4% and without it, it's 78.1%. I do need this course for the MCAT as well as specific courses I will be taking in my third year. Is it worth retaking the course or should I just power through it by doing better in the following courses? Am I doomed no matter what?

Thank you for listening.

5 hours ago, RoninCDN said:

Alright, I am a second year pre-med student and I have received a 52% in Organic Chemistry which is by far the most devasting mark I have ever received. I am currently looking to enter the UofS med school.

With this mark, my GPA is 76.4% and without it, it's 78.1%. I do need this course for the MCAT as well as specific courses I will be taking in my third year. Is it worth retaking the course or should I just power through it by doing better in the following courses? Am I doomed no matter what?

Thank you for listening.

1. No do not retake it IF you're only planning on applying to Saskatchewan since they'll look at both courses if they fall within your UAA calculations.  Power through the rest of the courses and ace the MCAT. 

2. Is this orgo 1 or 2? If this is orgo 1, then you have a chance to reevaluate yourself and continue with orgo 2. Ottawa requires at least a minimum B (3.0/4.0 OMSAS) in prerequisites, including a combination of chemistry courses, including orgo. McGill has orgo in both options 1 and 2 and prerequisite grades can play a large part during post-interview selections.

Archived