Premed 101 Forums

UBC Invite/Regrets 2019

Do you guys think the fact that they are now accepting international students will change the invite dates? because their deadline is still Feb.1

Also a side note, did they mention about how many international students they are planning to accept and how that relates to the # of Canadians accepted? I feel like they didn't really give out much information and opened up the admission to internationals last second...

On 1/7/2019 at 9:14 PM, themuffinman11 said:

Do you guys think the fact that they are now accepting international students will change the invite dates? because their deadline is still Feb.1

Also a side note, did they mention about how many international students they are planning to accept and how that relates to the # of Canadians accepted? I feel like they didn't really give out much information and opened up the admission to internationals last second...

I’ve heard rumors in class that there’s only going to be 4-5 international students joining the next year, down on the last side of our clinic there’s a few ops that are unused so we think they’re not going to decrease the amount of domestic applications but rather just try to increase the number of students to 60 from our year (56). Take what I’m saying with a grain of salt though it’s all speculation at this point. 

On 1/7/2019 at 9:14 PM, themuffinman11 said:

i emailed admissions and kiran told me they wont be decreasing domestic seats. international seats are additional!

3 hours ago, westcoastbestcoast said:

What time of day did they come out last year?

I'm Albertan, it was in the afternoon here. But not sure if they send them all at once or not. Like U of A last year sent them via batches at different times. Fingers crossed!! 

3 hours ago, westcoastbestcoast said:

just curious, if the international deadline is Feb 1... shouldn't invites come out AFTER that for everyone?

Hmm interesting. Not sure!! But i think the Feb 1st deadline is for their CASPer test. So maybe they'll asses them for interviews based on GPA and DAT and acceptance would be when their CASPer results are in. Just speculating!!

21 minutes ago, dmd1995 said:

Wonder if it's worth e-mailing them to ask when they'll be sending out invites. Didn't expect to have to wait another month if that's what's happening lol.

Yeah I'm like waiting so hard for this email lol, I thought they might be inviting internationals separately since they're taking different seats but maybe not?

18 hours ago, healthcare11 said:

I was banking on the above speculation, but parents told me today is only the second Monday of January! 

Whoops lol! 

Oh My God. You're right!!! I just checked the calendars of previous years and the release dates were all on the 3rd Monday. Which means it has to be this 21st. I mean it's got to :/