Premed 101 Forums

UofT Interview Invites 2019

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, manolo59 said:

Does anyone know how one prepares for the MMI? 

I got an invite!!!! - gpa 3.9, AA 23, PAT 22. Thankfully managed to improve my gpa from last year's attempt. I did interview last year but didn't make it due likely to my gpa.  As for prepping - I used all resources out there. Practice is everything to go in feeling confident. While there are some online MMI questions to practice on, in order to have much greater quantity I used all the old "situational questions" from previous CDA prep packages (there are a ton out there -  like Topstar, Elite, Dental Interview Plus, Astroff, CDA Crush ). Good luck everyone 

Hi,

Congratulations to all those who got interview invites! I was wondering if anyone from McGill (or Montreal) would like to meet up sometime to practice for the MMIs. I've heard from many people that that's the best way to go about preparing for the interviews. 

congrats to everyone getting invited! 

Current words of advice from a student currently in the DDS program at U of T: enjoy the interview prep! It's an opportunity to not only prepare for the interview, but to also develop critical thinking skills. The more you practise, the faster you will get at formulating well thought responses. Be authentic. During your practise sessions, you might have thoughts about "changing your personality style," but please don't fall into that trap because it will take the focus away from you being able to assess the question and formulate a strong response. Be yourself, but be CONFIDENT. Also, practise interviewing with people that you're not already comfortable with (i.e. people in this forum). Practising with close friends/family doesn't activate your fight or flight the same way that practising with new people does. A few days before my interview, I practised with a few hot mamasitas (I met them for the first time) who were interviewing at different schools, and it prepared me immensely for my interview by building my self-confidence. 

Good luck! 

On 1/15/2019 at 6:02 PM, Zujajah said:

does anyone have experience with interview courses like one BeMo offers or astroff etc? are they worth spending money or am I Better off practicing through googling, youtube and study groups?

The latter. BeMo and Astroff were a waste of time for me. Practice as much as you can with other people and just get comfortable talking out loud to someone for 7 minutes. Try to be yourself, be personable, don't sound robotic, don't over-analyze the question and just talk naturally while trying to draw on your past experiences and demonstrate your personality. Treat the interviewer like an old friend but be courteous and professional. If I had to go through the whole process again one thing I would do differently this time is to practice, practice, practice. I thought practicing an hour a week with others was enough but it should have been an hour a day at least. Best of luck. 

Archived