Premed 101 Forums

UofT Interview Invites 2019

8 minutes ago, toothurty said:

The latter. BeMo and Astroff were a waste of time for me. Practice as much as you can with other people and just get comfortable talking out loud to someone for 7 minutes. Try to be yourself, be personable, don't sound robotic, don't over-analyze the question and just talk naturally while trying to draw on your past experiences and demonstrate your personality. Treat the interviewer like an old friend but be courteous and professional. I'm glad I don't have to go through the whole process again but if I did, one thing I would do differently this time is to practice, practice, practice. I thought practicing an hour a week with others was enough but it should have been an hour a day at least. Best of luck. 

thank you so much for sharing your experience

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, DDaDentist said:

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure you can get in next year if you can boost your gpa.  I'm just wondering if the email released the stats of those accepted? Thank you.

It's okay! I was not expecting an interview based on my stats :) This year they did not release the interview cut offs but last year they did. Not entirely sure why. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2019 at 11:59 AM, smileon said:

I got an invite!!!! - gpa 3.9, AA 23, PAT 22. Thankfully managed to improve my gpa from last year's attempt. I did interview last year but didn't make it due likely to my gpa.  As for prepping - I used all resources out there. Practice is everything to go in feeling confident. While there are some online MMI questions to practice on, in order to have much greater quantity I used all the old "situational questions" from previous CDA prep packages (there are a ton out there -  like Topstar, Elite, Dental Interview Plus, Astroff, CDA Crush ). Good luck everyone 

I agree with you toothurty - practice is everything. This is my last kick at the can.... I'm going all out with all sources of sample databanks to practice from.

Archived