Premed 101 Forums

Need a TD professional LOC manager contact

1 hour ago, rmorelan said:

Guess this is showing how popular the TD program is ha - no one is using this? We had a list of all contract information including TD but it gone stale as it seems. 

Yea.. I haven't heard anyone using TD for LOC.. they don't seem to care enough to compete in this space. While Scotia and RBC are upping their game, TD's LOC package has been unmodified for a long long time I've heard.

2 minutes ago, la marzocco said:

Yea.. I haven't heard anyone using TD for LOC.. they don't seem to care enough to compete in this space. While Scotia and RBC are upping their game, TD's LOC package has been unmodified for a long long time I've heard.

ha trouble is the person in question got it of course 10 years ago :)

Strange as they still sponsor the OMSAS weekend. You would think if you are throwing money at the med students you would be ready to receive their attention back the other way. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I’m in western Canada, but I’ve been using TD for my LOC. I thought it would be easier since I banked with them for years prior and I have some rsps with them, HUGE mistake.

I would advise everyone to stay far away from TD bank for these LOCs. I have had nothing but problems, the issue being that TD doesn’t know their own product. It’s impossible to get help because they don’t have specific advisors for the professional student LOCs. In the two years I have been using it they have frozen me out of my LOC because they claim I didn’t send in my proof of enrolment, they have charged me monthly fees that I’ve been disputing them over for months, I’ve had to repeatedly send proof that I’m a student and they don’t seem to have any way to track or file that information. I have tried to go physically into the bank and I end up having to show them my contract or the webpage that specifically outlines the terms of the LOC. I try calling and it’s the same thing, or the system won’t even let me through to speak to someone without hanging up on me. So much unnecessary stress. I’m in the process of seeing if I can’t switch all of my banking to some other bank entirely, because TD clearly doesn’t care about me as a current or future customer. 

Sorry for using your post for this tirade, this has been such a sore spot for me, and I just hope anyone reading this thread will realize that TD is the worst and please choose any other bank that actually has a representative who deals Specifically with LOCs for medical students. 

53 minutes ago, YoshCo said:

I’m in western Canada, but I’ve been using TD for my LOC. I thought it would be easier since I banked with them for years prior and I have some rsps with them, HUGE mistake.

I would advise everyone to stay far away from TD bank for these LOCs. I have had nothing but problems, the issue being that TD doesn’t know their own product. It’s impossible to get help because they don’t have specific advisors for the professional student LOCs. In the two years I have been using it they have frozen me out of my LOC because they claim I didn’t send in my proof of enrolment, they have charged me monthly fees that I’ve been disputing them over for months, I’ve had to repeatedly send proof that I’m a student and they don’t seem to have any way to track or file that information. I have tried to go physically into the bank and I end up having to show them my contract or the webpage that specifically outlines the terms of the LOC. I try calling and it’s the same thing, or the system won’t even let me through to speak to someone without hanging up on me. So much unnecessary stress. I’m in the process of seeing if I can’t switch all of my banking to some other bank entirely, because TD clearly doesn’t care about me as a current or future customer. 

Sorry for using your post for this tirade, this has been such a sore spot for me, and I just hope anyone reading this thread will realize that TD is the worst and please choose any other bank that actually has a representative who deals Specifically with LOCs for medical students. 

I am not at all surprised to hear this to be honest. I am also in western Canada and considered opening LOC with TD for the same reasons you've listed. Gladly I've decided not to based on a very brief interaction I had with their financial advisor who claimed that the interest rate for me will be prime + 1.0% and the maximum amount will be 275k. A simple google search tells me that neither of those values are correct. They also repeatedly asked me whether I'm employed and found it so very odd that I - a medical student with so much time on my hands - am not.