Premed 101 Forums

McGill M.D.,C.M. Interview Invites / Regrets 2019

cardiomed

3 minutes ago, marjemarj said:

Thank you for your input. I did the prerequisite courses more than 15 years ago so if they dont accept the exemption (i worked in science for 10 years) i’ll do them again. McGill told me that the 8 years rule might change for fall 2020, i’m waiting to see what kind of change it will be on the website. Otherwise i have a strong CV (healthcare profesionnal, author of a book, research, implication with doctors for the environnement, i’ve started an non profit organisation, was owner of health clinic with employes,  etc) 

You should get the exemption - I teach in science ( chem, physics) grade 10/11 and I was exempted, so because your work involves sciences you will be excepted too, did you do your prerequisites in Quebec? Ive heard only of them not granting an exemption if the prerequisites were done outside Quebec, if they were done here and your working in science you should be good and wow amazing CV, sounds supper awesome everything you have listed. And yes Dreamteam22 is right after the interviews are granted no matter how amazing your CV is it comes down to your prerequisites and your MMI, so if you don't re-do them you have to be in the top 30 of everyone that interviews, not impossible but def hard. 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Cardiolove01 said:

You should get the exemption - I teach in science ( chem, physics) grade 10/11 and I was exempted, so because your work involves sciences you will be excepted too, did you do your prerequisites in Quebec? Ive heard only of them not granting an exemption if the prerequisites were done outside Quebec, if they were done here and your working in science you should be good and wow amazing CV, sounds supper awesome everything you have listed. And yes Dreamteam22 is right after the interviews are granted no matter how amazing your CV is it comes down to your prerequisites and your MMI, so if you don't re-do them you have to be in the top 30 of everyone that interviews, not impossible but def hard. 

I’ll check for the exemption, i did them in Qc. I’ll see what happens with my first application, and i will also begin the 4 courses just in case this autumn. I will also look for some coaching for the MMI!! 

5 minutes ago, marjemarj said:

I’ll check for the exemption, i did them in Qc. I’ll see what happens with my first application, and i will also begin the 4 courses just in case this autumn. I will also look for some coaching for the MMI!! 

Do they consider the Grades of the prerequisite if you have an exemption or EC letter?

Just now, marjemarj said:

Do they consider the Grades of the prerequisite if you have an exemption or EC letter?

Yes they still will count, and the committee can see the EC they discuss every file individually after interviews so they would bring up the EC and see how much merit it holds and how that adjusts your prerequisites ( for example they might drop the prerequisites u did in your term with EC and calculate your overall without those) but the others will still count 

11 minutes ago, Cardiolove01 said:

Yes they still will count, and the committee can see the EC they discuss every file individually after interviews so they would bring up the EC and see how much merit it holds and how that adjusts your prerequisites ( for example they might drop the prerequisites u did in your term with EC and calculate your overall without those) but the others will still count 

Thanks for your answer! very helpful

i have many courses over 85-90% so it will be easy to explain the difference with the EC

Archived