Premed 101 Forums

• 3 weeks later...

It was how i expected it to be. I think I did well on a couple stations, was unsure of 1 or 2, and the rest was okay. But then again I don't think it's expected for applicants to pass every station with flying colors! That would be impossible to do! And I think they still do take into consideration your grades after the interview. I saw somewhere on the website that they give you a score for your grades and for your interview and make their decision based on that (and your 'overall application'). Fingers crossed everybody!

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, HopefullyPT2019 said:

Last year on the 20th I believe. Before that I think it was the 14th - 15th.

I'm pretty sure on the orientation slides it said no earlier that mid-April. So we're probably still waiting about a month, unfortunately.

Ahh thats too bad. I heard that UBC OT heard like a week after their interviews so was hoping for something similar. Thanks for letting me know

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, im a new member here, I will be applying to UBC next cycle. everyones gpa is super high im not feeling too confident in myself haha. i will be applying to UBC PT next year. As it sits, the 45 credits of my applying gpa for UBC are: 13 A's 1 B+ and 1 B.. could anyone advise on whether or not I should take more classes to improve the GPA? I am currently volunteering at a hospital where we do physical rehab. Also, I've done research (8 months) studying molecular interactions between placental and maternal tissues, to locate interactions that may be involved in certain pathologies. All the classes I took were some sort of genetics, molecular bio, or cellular biology, along with the required anatomy/physiology/stats/psyc courses ( ive been told UBC doesnt really look at the courses, which is great because I dont have any Kin courses)

I posted here because it seems like this is an active page and would love to receive feedback from you all. thank you 

9 minutes ago, maybePT said:

Hi everyone, im a new member here, I will be applying to UBC next cycle. everyones gpa is super high im not feeling too confident in myself haha. i will be applying to UBC PT next year. As it sits, the 45 credits of my applying gpa for UBC are: 13 A's 1 B+ and 1 B.. could anyone advise on whether or not I should take more classes to improve the GPA? I am currently volunteering at a hospital where we do physical rehab. Also, I've done research (8 months) studying molecular interactions between placental and maternal tissues, to locate interactions that may be involved in certain pathologies. All the classes I took were some sort of genetics, molecular bio, or cellular biology, along with the required anatomy/physiology/stats/psyc courses ( ive been told UBC doesnt really look at the courses, which is great because I dont have any Kin courses)

I posted here because it seems like this is an active page and would love to receive feedback from you all. thank you 

UBC PT will only take your last 10 senior level courses (300/400/500). And it depends on the % average of those 10 courses but things look good for you. Your experience sounds good as well.

7 minutes ago, HopefullyPT2019 said:

UBC PT will only take your last 10 senior level courses (300/400/500). And it depends on the % average of those 10 courses but things look good for you. Your experience sounds good as well.

thank you very much for your input, i really appreciate it. 

On the UBC website it says this:

"A competitive MPT admissions GPA will include:

• An applicant’s prerequisite courses in anatomy, human physiology, statistics and psychology
  • An applicant’s most recent 30 credits of valid university senior level (300, 400, 500 level) academic courses

Please note that senior level courses used to cover prerequisite requirements will only be counted once as part of the GPA calculation and will not be used a second time should they fall within the last 30 credits of senior level courses taken."

46 minutes ago, maybePT said:

thank you very much for your input, i really appreciate it. 

On the UBC website it says this:

"A competitive MPT admissions GPA will include:

• An applicant’s prerequisite courses in anatomy, human physiology, statistics and psychology
  • An applicant’s most recent 30 credits of valid university senior level (300, 400, 500 level) academic courses

Please note that senior level courses used to cover prerequisite requirements will only be counted once as part of the GPA calculation and will not be used a second time should they fall within the last 30 credits of senior level courses taken."

Ah yes last 10 plus pre requisites

Congratulations to those who got an offer and are accepting their offers! Any lurkers who got an offer but are not going to accept their offers and are going somewhere else please give up your spot! lol I unfortunately got waitlisted and have started a UBC PT waitlist thread, so waitlisted peeps and lurkers, feel free to worry over there.