Premed 101 Forums

Tips on how to prepare for Ottawa Panel Interview

Hello! 

I have my interview coming up for Ottawa! I was wondering if any current students / other people with interviews have any tips on how to prepare and what to expect. Are the questions usually open ended or do they require a direct answer?

Honestly any advice/help would be very very appreciated.

Just to preface, we had to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement so my answers are intentionally vague.

1) When I did my interview, the interview was in some sort of conference room with a long table, with one member on each other of the table, so I expect something similar to occur this year.

2) They're there to know you. I would say that they can be both open ended and direct. 

3)  There was a panel-interview practice opportunity at my previous university (offered by career services), so I would suggest looking into your university and if they offer something similar. 

3) Be yourself! 

14 minutes ago, dorsalfinnnn said:

Thanks for replying :) 

For the conference table, how do you maintain eye contact with people at different ends of the table? Do you just look at the individual who is asking the question or still look around at others too? Seems kinda weird if theyre such a distant apart. 

Do you also have any tips / resources on how to prepare and what worked well for you? 

dude you are overthinking this way too much lmao. Its no different if youre in a group of friends and one person asks you a question; just answer at look at everyone periodically.

Archived