Premed 101 Forums

Admission annoucements

29 minutes ago, dramallama said:

The Facebook group is made which generally means the announcements will go out soon (in the next few days or week). But they sent the interview invites over a weird period of time compared to previous years, so I’m not sure if the usually cues mean the same things this time around!!

What's the name of the Facebook group?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, wowzers1 said:

Yeah all the letters go out same day... acceptances first, then waitlists, and rejections in the afternoon I believe. 

I emailed the admissions office and they told me they'll be out this month lol

Thats not very helpful lol

"We do not give out a specific date just in case of any power outages because then there would be a lot of upset people. All I can tell you is that it will be in March sometime and if you provided the correct email you will be informed when it is released" - the response I just got.

Also she was rather apologetic that she couldn't give me more information.

7 minutes ago, Terreneuvien said:

"We do not give out a specific date just in case of any power outages because then there would be a lot of upset people. All I can tell you is that it will be in March sometime and if you provided the correct email you will be informed when it is released" - the response I just got.

That makes sense. But I am still going to die from anxiety. 

16 minutes ago, Terreneuvien said:

Somebody should send them the forecast 

33 minutes ago, Terreneuvien said:

That's understandable, just strange given that they announced a date on their website last year. :huh:

I'm thinking it won't be today, usually you would hear something by now or there would be changes to the facebook group. Buttttttt I'm probably going to be refreshing my email all day anyways 

4 minutes ago, Terreneuvien said:

I believe last year was the first "March 6th" or "First Tuesday of March". The year before, AKA Class of 2021, was mid February. They seem to have changed the stipulations in regards to drop and add dates with MUN. Though, there are a lot of theories as to why they changed the date, that is the one that I have heard the most consistently.

I think the change from February to March was because the SJT was officially added as part of the admissions process. The 2021s took it as the trial test. Who knows!

21 minutes ago, dramallama said:

I don’t think there’s an exact day of the week but I think it’s generally been earlier in the week? 

it was a friday two years ago, so it straight up changes... as soon as we think there's some "rubric", that's when we get our hopes up! 

2 hours ago, MemUni said:

Can we all collectively cross our fingers for tomorrow? 

Not to be pessimistic, but if they're serious about not giving a specific date in case of "power outages", I'd say that they probably won't make any announcements for a little bit longer. If decisions were done and ready to go out, I don't see the point of withholding any info the day before because of the possibility of a blackout

13 hours ago, wowzers1 said:

Not to be pessimistic, but if they're serious about not giving a specific date in case of "power outages", I'd say that they probably won't make any announcements for a little bit longer. If decisions were done and ready to go out, I don't see the point of withholding any info the day before because of the possibility of a blackout

I had the feeling it was a canned answer that they could have been giving since last Friday, you know?

16 minutes ago, dramallama said:

Me as well! There was a potential risk a few weeks ago but nothing I’ve heard of recently.

6 minutes ago, MemUni said:

Agreed. I think they have just decided not to release the exact date this year so they would tell us the same thing whether its the next day or whether its 2 weeks from now. 

Us just being hopefully optimistic again!

Archived