Premed 101 Forums

Connecting GTA

Has anyone else noticed that connecting often doesn't have all the information, or sometimes it lists tests that when you click, you can't actually read? I find it shocking that in 2018, we only securely know details about visits you've had to that specific hospital only. I find it a huge issue in Toronto especially given our sheer number of different hospitals. I'm sure this is the cause of so many errors. 

21 hours ago, Edict said:

Has anyone else noticed that clinical connect often doesn't have all the information, or sometimes it lists tests that when you click, you can't actually read? I find it shocking that in 2018, we only securely know details about visits you've had to that specific hospital only. I find it a huge issue in Toronto especially given our sheer number of different hospitals. I'm sure this is the cause of so many errors. 

Yes, it is scary but at the same time what are you going to do? Makes you wonder how they practiced 25-30 years ago when either EMR's didn't exist or were just starting off.

That being said it IS much better than when I was a PGY-1 (2.5 years ago). A lot more hospitals are on it before it was just the academic sites.

23 hours ago, Lactic Folly said:

Thanks, i guess i meant ConnectingGTA. 

3 hours ago, ACHQ said:

Yes, it is scary but at the same time what are you going to do? Makes you wonder how they practiced 25-30 years ago when either EMR's didn't exist or were just starting off.

That being said it IS much better than when I was a PGY-1 (2.5 years ago). A lot more hospitals are on it before it was just the academic sites.

But even the academic sites I feel like sometimes don't allow you to access information. Not sure who's doing the uploading and if its just a poor job of uploading things to this system. I guess i'm just blown away by how slow and inefficient the system actually is in 2019. 

I think some of these hospital rights/privacy concerns need to be set aside for patient safety and we should just have a unified system. It would be heaven for research as well and it would save the government a lot in unnecessary tests. 

Archived