Premed 101 Forums

UofT 2019 Application Discussion Thread

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/23/2019 at 1:03 AM, keener12345 said:

My predication: all March 30 is out.. just waiting on 31 and April 7! Rejections have def started to go out. Have friends who’ve been rejected ( both who didn’t meet cuts and those that did). 

Rejections to any of those not in third year and met cut offs?

On 2/23/2019 at 1:03 AM, keener12345 said:

My predication: all March 30 is out.. just waiting on 31 and April 7! Rejections have def started to go out. Have friends who’ve been rejected ( both who didn’t meet cuts and those that did). 

Out of your friends that have been rejected, did any of them have high GPAs (3.9+)?

17 hours ago, Slickrick said:

Out of your friends that have been rejected, did any of them have high GPAs (3.9+)?

Wondering the same thing here: does anyone know of any refusals sent out to applicants who met MCAT cut off and have higher (i.e. competitive) GPA? 

Also, does anyone know how many do they interview in a cycle? 

Thanks in advance.

23 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

Wondering the same thing here: does anyone know of any refusals sent out to applicants who met MCAT cut off and have higher (i.e. competitive) GPA? 

Also, does anyone know how many do they interview in a cycle? 

Thanks in advance.

Hi the answer to your second question is: they roughly interview aprox 600 applicants (on their website) http://applymd.utoronto.ca/interviewing

32 minutes ago, AlynHoffman said:

Has anyone heard of any 3rd years (UG) receiving an invite yet? I haven't seen any posted here, and I don't know anyone who got one yet personally ... 

10% of last years matriculants were 3 year bachelor degree students, so I would assume there is a substantially large applicant pool of third years. An additional 6% of students were no-degree (possibly some third years, likely not completing pre-reqs for general bachelors). 

1 hour ago, Instagrammar said:

10% of last years matriculants were 3 year bachelor degree students, so I would assume there is a substantially large applicant pool of third years. An additional 6% of students were no-degree (possibly some third years, likely not completing pre-reqs for general bachelors). 

If you don't mind, where did you get these statistics?

Archived