Premed 101 Forums

UofT 2019 Application Discussion Thread

30 minutes ago, CantConcentrate said:

The year I applied, I got my invite on March 14. I think the last "big wave" is usually sent sometime around mid-March, with the last few invites happening in trickles towards the end of March.

Ya ive gotten my rejections on March 16 for the past two years. I think next week will be the final wave of interviews and the big rejection wave.

17 minutes ago, Rabeprazole said:

Just watch. Most remaining invites and rejections will be sent out on April 1st to symbolize how much of a joke this whole process is.

You get top point for managing to break the tension, and putting a smile on at least my face with your comment! I have recently come out of cancer treatment and don't know how much more of this anxiety I can bear--it's nice to know I am not the only one who finds the process a poorly written satirical tragedy! 

8 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

You get top point for managing to break the tension, and putting a smile on at least my face with your comment! I have recently come out of cancer treatment and don't know how much more of this anxiety I can bear--it's nice to know I am not the only one who finds the process a poorly written satirical tragedy! 

Damn if you are dealing with cancer please try to take it easy and not worry about this. Your health is WAAAY more important than this, and if it doesn't work out this year, one more year won't be the worst thing ever

1 hour ago, Time Lord said:

Fight the good fight Time Lord. I hope and pray for the best for you in these trying times.

I literally applied with a 3.65 GPA (3rd year UG... I had 3 really horrendous 1st year classes that screwed me over) and I know I'm not getting in. I knew I didn't have a chance even before I applied, but I wanted to try the process.

And even I still haven't received my rejection yet! So so so annoying #falsehopeofacademicexplanationsessay

2 minutes ago, dreizehn said:

I literally applied with a 3.65 GPA (3rd year UG... I had 3 really horrendous 1st year classes that screwed me over) and I know I'm not getting in. I knew I didn't have a chance even before I applied, but I wanted to try the process.

And even I still haven't received my rejection yet! So so so annoying #falsehopeofacademicexplanationsessay

I applied last year with a 122 in chem/phys (score came out after deadline), and they didnt reject me till March 16. Like a computer could automatically do that for them lol

41 minutes ago, dreizehn said:

I wrote an academic explanations essay too. Two of my other friends who wrote them haven’t heard anything. Four of my friends who didn’t write them got interviews. This is probably just because they had higher gpa so they didn’t have to write them (and got interviews b/c their high gpa contributed) and this is a v small sample size but I’m kind of curious now if they do those who wrote AEE near the end? Probably not, but has anybody who wrote an AEE got an interview so far?

55 minutes ago, Captrex_501stlegion said:

I applied last year with a 122 in chem/phys (score came out after deadline), and they didnt reject me till March 16. Like a computer could automatically do that for them lol

One would think that they have an efficient algorithm or even a simple macro in an excel sheet that can highlight students who don't make the cut offs in their respective category, and send mass refusals, but I guess one would be wrong :) 

Re Academic Explanation Essay: myself and a peer of mine have written one. She has received an interview offer for March 30th, I am still waiting to know my fate. We have similar GPA, and MCAT scores (my score is a bit higher), we both had very compelling extenuating circumstances to elaborate on in our AEE, we're both Torontonians, currently at McGill (so in province students living outside). As a scientist, we're trained to look for trends, I have thus far detected very little here :) 

As the English say: Keep calm and carry on!