Premed 101 Forums

Accepted 2019

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, hopefullyafuturedoc said:

Can anyone remember from past years what time the letters have come out? 

I'd say 10:00am to 10:30am... If no one has heard anything by noon, then it's back to curling up in a ball in the back of your closet until tomorrow...

1 hour ago, BazBazBaz said:

I called. They said won’t be today... :/ and that “they’ll come out before the end of the month”

good luck everybody 

I can't decide if I'm relieved today will be a more or less ordinary day, or if I'm more stressed that the time results come out seems even more vague, haha. Thanks for sharing your conversation. 

20 minutes ago, Imreadytogethurtagain said:

Did anyone else just receive that reminder email to complete the AFMC survey for feedback on applying?

How do they have time to send this out but not admissions decisions? They are just playing with us at this point :(

That was initially sent out after the interview, can't remember if it was that day or just a few days later. It's probably an automatic reminder sent out at this point.

1 hour ago, Imreadytogethurtagain said:

Did anyone else just receive that reminder email to complete the AFMC survey for feedback on applying?

How do they have time to send this out but not admissions decisions? They are just playing with us at this point :(

Something tells me it’s not a matter of literally sending an e-mail hahah they’re probably still ranking and formulating wait lists and sorting acceptances!

as much as we’d all love to complain about everyone and everything standing in the way of acceptance day let’s be thankful if he opportunity to apply and be patient! I’m sure they’re not waiting to send them just to give us a hard time XD

11 minutes ago, MDme? said:

Something tells me it’s not a matter of literally sending an e-mail hahah they’re probably still ranking and formulating wait lists and sorting acceptances!

as much as we’d all love to complain about everyone and everything standing in the way of acceptance day let’s be thankful if he opportunity to apply and be patient! I’m sure they’re not waiting to send them just to give us a hard time XD

I'm so, so curious about the process. I was assuming most of the numbers for each applicant are done by now (i.e. how many points scored for each extra-curricular, interview etc.) and the ranking was probably done, but that it takes a while to upload everything and get it ready to send out especially since you wouldn't want to make any mistakes. But maybe not like you said, maybe the final stage is pretty fast but making the ranking is fairly involved and continues for a while. Also I wonder if the letters are automatically composed and uploaded, or if they have to be manually written and then uploaded for each individual? I would imagine error-checking and making everything is correct for each applicant would be super tedious and time consuming?

Archived