Premed 101 Forums

Accepted 2019

26 minutes ago, chemicologist said:

I take "we are in good shape" to mean they will be out well-ahead of the end of the month.

Not that that means much since we're already on the later side compared to previous years. 2015 saw them out on the 17th, which is the latest date I've seen anywhere, and is Sunday in 2019. I mean, it's gotta be tomorrow or Friday then right?

I really hope it’s this week! If it’s not tomorrow, I’ll just assume it’ll be Monday

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, premed_67 said:

I decided to take one for the team haha

here’s an update: first off, just wanted to acknowledge how kind the lady at the office was!

She said the same thing she says to everyone, that they will be out before the end of the month.

BUT

she added, and I quote: “we are in good shape” 

Sorry that it’s not very helpful

Thanks so much for asking!

I was just thinking, do we think that since Carolyn is away, that the results will still be sent out in the morning (and likely not on a Friday but most likely on Monday going by past dates) or that those trends will be less likely to continue? (i.e., I'm wondering if it still makes sense to stop anticipating getting the email after 11am-ish). 

9 minutes ago, seatosea said:

Thanks so much for asking!

I was just thinking, do we think that since Carolyn is away, that the results will still be sent out in the morning (and likely not on a Friday but most likely on Monday going by past dates) or that those trends will be less likely to continue? (i.e., I'm wondering if it still makes sense to stop anticipating getting the email after 11am-ish). 

I think the timing of when they come out doesn’t necessarily have to be in the morning. It tends to be a trend. However, I’m now inclined to think it would be a Monday just cause I read on the forum that the adcom meets on Mondays. So maybe they’ll finalize things? That being said, I’m still going to refresh my email the next 2 days 

I sent someone to ask and they just got back to me and told me they said that "things are finalized to a certain extent" but there they are still not ready to release the decisions. She also said there are still moving parts and different people working on different things. They have to finish the checklist before hitting that send button. She made it seem like the things they are working on is everything that happens after the results are released she said "we are working on the next step after people get admitted and working on the small details" 

I honestly can't even make a prediction at this point. It could be this week or next week. But brace yourself..... decisions will arrive sooner or later.

40 minutes ago, Mel96 said:

I sent someone to ask and they just got back to me and told me they said that "things are finalized to a certain extent" but there they are still not ready to release the decisions. She also said there are still moving parts and different people working on different things. They have to finish the checklist before hitting that send button. She made it seem like the things they are working on is everything that happens after the results are released she said "we are working on the next step after people get admitted and working on the small details" 

I honestly can't even make a prediction at this point. It could be this week or next week. But brace yourself..... decisions will arrive sooner or later.

To me that sounds like at least a day’s work, if not two, that they have left, so it kinda clarified to me that it probably won’t come tomorrow or Friday....thanks for finding that out!!!!

I agree re. time of day too...it seems like something in the process makes it more amenable to coming out in the morning but for sure, not guaranteed :-)

45 minutes ago, seatosea said:

To me that sounds like at least a day’s work, if not two, that they have left, so it kinda clarified to me that it probably won’t come tomorrow or Friday....thanks for finding that out!!!!

I agree re. time of day too...it seems like something in the process makes it more amenable to coming out in the morning but for sure, not guaranteed :-)

Yeah it sounds more like next week!

2 minutes ago, hopefullyafuturedoc said:

Ya know, I feel as though they could have said "Won't be this week" and that would have helped the suffering 

That's exactly why I'm holding out hope for this week. I think last week they did tell us it wouldn't be that week, either someone called or a current student posted that.

Just now, plessthan0.05 said:

Last year was such a treat, barely even thought about it before the emails were released.

It felt like when my mom would rip an old bandaid off me as a kid when I wasn’t expecting it. Hated it at the time but no anticipation anxiety. 

4 minutes ago, SomeRandomGuyOnTheInternet said:

Self-preservation? It's exhausting to get into a state of high-alert every morning anticipating today to be THE DAY.

There's something paradoxically Zen about an anxiety crescendo each day that ends at roughly 11:00 am. It's like anti-meditation.

11 minutes ago, Mel96 said:

Anyone else got an email from the registrars office and had a major anxiety attack???

Thankfully not, I don't think I'd have been able to keep it together. I had major anxiety just seeing your post! Hah, perks of never having gone to Dal I suppose.

Archived