Premed 101 Forums

19 hours ago, housecalle said:

I just got my offer of admission today. For those of you who don't get in or are waitlisted, don't be too hard on yourself and just focus on improving aspects of your application that you feel are lacking. I applied last year and was waitlisted around #15. For myself, I knew it was my interview that let me down, so I spent the time practicing my interview skills.

Thanks for saying this!

I definitely think it was my interview also that let me down this first go around. Will be back next year.

Congrats!!

I received my offer on Friday as well. This was my second time applying with a rejection last year at the application stage. Good luck to those who were waitlisted or rejected this year. For me, a year where I reflected on how I framed my letter of intent, had a little extra time to boost my GPA, and prepare through relevant experience seemed to help me. Although, I was disappointed last year, for me specifically, I feel like this time forced me to reflect further about why I wanted to be in this program and how to get there. Wishing you all the best!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2019 at 1:43 PM, OTfollow2018 said:

I received my offer on Friday as well. This was my second time applying with a rejection last year at the application stage. Good luck to those who were waitlisted or rejected this year. For me, a year where I reflected on how I framed my letter of intent, had a little extra time to boost my GPA, and prepare through relevant experience seemed to help me. Although, I was disappointed last year, for me specifically, I feel like this time forced me to reflect further about why I wanted to be in this program and how to get there. Wishing you all the best!

What was your GPA last yr vs. this yr? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2019 at 6:19 PM, HopefulOT(one day) said:

Hey guys!

Does anyone know if there is a facebook group for accepted students?  I noticed this was something they did in the past! 

Hi! Current UBC MOT student here. There will be a Facebook page of which we will invite accepted students in due time. Please be patient, it will come in the summer :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2019 at 10:07 AM, OTPsycApp said:

Hey everyone. I interviewed last year and honestly it was a really strange interview for me, nothing like any other interview I've ever done. It's not really like a typical interview style that you'd intuitively prep for. My advice would be to prep all the normal interview questions that come up ('OT interview questions for grad school' search on google) plus know a lot of ongoing issues, hot topics, conflicts, and current events and struggles in the field of OT and some creative/guided solutions for said problems. 

Examples of questions?