Premed 101 Forums

Accepting/Receiving Multiple Admissions Offers

I know it is a little early to think about since Dal hasn't sent out their offers quite yet but as an OOP applicant, I was wondering hypothetically if I accepted an offer of admissions from Dal (which is probably getting ahead of myself), would that impact my chance of receiving an offer from the other schools I applied to? I know it sounds stupid but I remember either reading or hearing from friends that you're not allowed to hold a spot in multiple schools at once? I know you can receive offers from multiple schools but would the other schools know that I had accepted my offer from Dal and thus not even give me their offer of admissions? I ask since Dal sends out their offers so much earlier than most other schools

• 2 months later...

I had the same question too. I will be applying to Dal and OMSAS schools in the upcoming cycle. Hypothetically speaking I get into both Dal and any ontario school (I really wish lol) , can I reject my offer from Dal in May? Does anyone know the deadline to accept dal's acceptance?  Or do I have to accept the offer in March and then lose $500 if I want to accept another offer?

6 hours ago, MashedPotato said:

I had the same question too. I will be applying to Dal and OMSAS schools in the upcoming cycle. Hypothetically speaking I get into both Dal and any ontario school (I really wish lol) , can I reject my offer from Dal in May? Does anyone know the deadline to accept dal's acceptance?  Or do I have to accept the offer in March and then lose $500 if I want to accept another offer?

Yes you have to accept Dalhousie’s offer by their deadline and then lose the Dal deposit if you accept another offer in May.