Premed 101 Forums

M.D., C.M. Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted - Fall 2019 Admission

cardiomed

TIME STAMP: ~2:30pm

Result: Admitted with condition!!!

pre-reqGPA: 4.0

MCAT: Not submitted

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Two stations I thought I did really well on, and two stations I thought I dropped the ball, with the rest being somewhere in between. In general I tried to be as genuine in my answers as possible and tried to approach each station with a fresh mindset.

IP/OOP/International: OOP

TIME STAMP: ~15h00 pm 

Result: Admitted with condition !!!

pre-reqGPA: 3.71

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I was sure that I completely missed my interviews... But I guess we can't really know until we got our answer. It's a miracle hahaha

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comment : I'm really on shock ! SOOOOO HAPPYYYYY 

Time Stamp: 11:45 AM

Result: Admitted with Condition!

Pre-Req GPA: 4.00

MCAT: Not available.

Feeling about MMI  (please be mindful of NDA): First time at an MMI, and unsure what to expect. Overall if felt quite average - tried to be conversational and solve the problems presented. 

Comment: In utter shock, wanted this dream for so long, and nervous because of the career change!

Wow that was one heck of a sleep. I fell asleep and just woke up!!!

TIME STAMP: probably sometime during REM?!?

Feeling About MMI : wow I walked out of there thinking I was destroyed. I thought I will be rejected for sure.

Comment : I am in tears. I am going to slap myself to make sure I am awake! 

Just now, cardiomed said:

Feeling About MMI : wow I walked out of there thinking I was destroyed. I thought I will be rejected for sure.

Congrats!!!!!!

2 hours ago, docvibe said:

TIME STAMP: 2:09PM

Result: Admitted with Condition!!!

pre-reqGPA: N/A
MCAT: N/A
Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I felt like I tried my best but i really had no idea what they were looking for in those scenarios so wasn't sure 

Year: 5th year undergrad 

IP/OOP/International: IP, NTP

Comments: shocked :O

Yay!!! Congrats!!!

22 minutes ago, cardiomed said:

Congrats! I'm so happy for you.

TIME STAMP: 2:50pm (OH that wait was brutal, I refreshed minerva the whole day)

Result: Admitted!!!!!!!

pre-reqGPA: 3.76

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): It was my second time interviewing at McGill, I got refused straight up no WL last time. This time I figured I did very well on 3 stations (interviewers/actors lost their poker faces), I bombed one, and I'm pretty clueless about how it went for the other 6 (not too bad I assume!). McGill has always been my first choice and I feel so happy, after all these years to finally have my dream come true! 

TIME STAMP: ~12pm

Result: Waitlisted

MCAT: not submitted
Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): felt like I FOR SURE bombed 3-4 stations, felt good coming out of 3 of them, and wasn't sure about the rest. Definitely started doubting myself more and more as time went on - this month was excruciating. Fully convinced myself I was going to get refused considering how competitive the process is.

Year: 2nd year MSc

Comments: so incredibly grateful to be waitlisted! had already mentally accepted a refusal, and honestly could not be happier with the outcome as of right now. 

Honoured to have gotten this far in the process with all of you amazing candidates. Best of luck to all of the other waitlisters out there!

TIME STAMP: 2:30 PM (ish)

Result: Accepted w/ condition !

pre-reqGPA: 3.97
MCAT: N/A
Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Really think i mess up actually. I tough I only did average and there was no way that I could be admitted this year. I was ready to hear bad news. 

comments: :D

TIME STAMP: 2:13pm

Result: Admitted!

pre-reqGPA: 3.90

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): It was my first time interviewing at McGill, but I was refused by NOSM and UdeM last year. At the time, I had no clue what I was doing and after talking with very successful applicants, I realized I had the wrong approach. I did a lot of preparation and introspection this year, and this made the interview experience so much easier and fun! I think I did very well in 3 stations, did bad in 2 and the rest is pretty much average. Coming out of the interview, I wasn't completely confident, but I did feel good overall and I knew for a fact that I nailed a couple of stations.

Comments: This feels unreal... especially because I have only studied literature, no "hard" science whatsoever! When I started taking prereqs two years ago, it sure seemed like a long shot... I am so grateful that McGill dares to accept people with non-traditional backgrounds

TIME STAMP: 21:20 (sure got the answer earlier, but just checked! ) 

Result: Waitlist (#19)

pre-reqGPA: 3.61

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Felt pretty good after the MMI. 3 strong stations in my opinion, 2 that maybe were a bit weak and the rest average :)

Comment : First time applying at McGill, I am quite happy that I at least made the waitlist :) ...I was really prepared for anything as I had been refused at UdeM twice already, the first time pre-MMI and the second time post-MMI without a waitlist....progress!! ;) 

•  

35 minutes ago, Health_in_Perspective90 said:

TIME STAMP: 8:30PM EST (I believe it has been there since this morning)

Result: Accepted 

MCAT: Submitted 
MMI: Felt great! 

Year: BSc - 2014 and MSc - 2016. Researcher since 2017. 

Wow Seeing all the years you applied and never gave up hope, thank you for sharing your stats and your post. You give all of us hope and Congratz!!!!!! 

I got Refused this year, third interview at McGill so this one definitely stings, 

pre-reqGPA: 3.21

MCAT: not submitted 

MMI: well felt better then 2018, and better then 2017 but time will tell :) once we get stats in July 

Year.  5 year concurrent two bachelor degree -2015 + M.Sc -2018 + working for two years 

If it helps anyone here were my stats for the last two years - 

Fall 2018 Result applications

Your MMI performance ranked: 105 out of 298 

On the science prerequisites, you ranked: 260 out of 298

Your final rank: 157 out of 298

Fall 2017 Result 

Your MMI performance ranked: 143 out of 290

On the science prerequisites, you ranked: 245 out of 290

Your final rank: 189 out of 290

To all those experiencing rejection for the first time, or if its the second rejection or third after being waitlisted last year I would like to extend words of comfort and to know that you are not alone in this with every year you will only grow as a person, you will become more resilient, you will become even more prepared to undertake the career of a physician, in the words of Martin Luther King after the last no will come a yes, maybe not next year or the one after that but if you keep at it and improve your application little by little you will get there or maybe life has other amazing things in store for you that are coming. For now it is ok to take time to process, to be sad, to feel frustrated. Once rankings come out you will know if its your MMI or prerequisites, ( I know I will have to re-do mine if I want to re-apply again and have a shot and now that they are  officially expired I should be allowed to take them and will have to figure out how to balance work paying for student loans and juggling classes by night perhaps that I still need to reflect on and decide)  I have met awesome people through this forum, some of which are now friends, I have met people who interviewed with me 3 years ago who are my friends to this day ( they didn't get an interview this year despite getting one two years in a row) and they are the most amazing and deserving people I know and some of the most genuine. For now I have ordered a bucket of fried chicken coupled with binging on friends. Stay strong to all those rejected, feel free to PM me and I will send you some adorable animal pics and words of encouragement just as others have done for me that are bound to make you smile and brighten up your day. Congratz to all that got accepted and on your perseverance for a lot of you. And those that got rejected you have come such a long long way already, do know that and how incredible you are <3

TIME STAMP: I checked at around 4pm

Result: Admitted with condition

pre-reqGPA: ~3.65

MCAT: 510+

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Had one good station and walked out of everything else thinking I didn't too well. 

Comment: It felt so unreal seeing "admitted with condition" on Minerva that I had to log in 2 more times to make sure that it wasn't a glitch. I've applied to many medical schools for the past 3-4 cycles and throughout these years of rejections, I have considered switching my career goal many times since my aspiration of being a MD seemed so out of reach, but every time I was about to make that decision, there was something in me that told me to keep going and keep pushing through. I've reviewed countless of posts like these here, and I can't believe that I finally have the chance to post some good news!