Premed 101 Forums

OT McMaster Interviews

Hey everyone,

I got an email saying that I’ve been waitlisted for an interview. Just thought this could be a place to see who else got put in a wait list position, if there’s been any movement in the wait list line, those who were successful in getting an interview etc. 

I got the email on Monday that I was waitlisted. I feel like there won’t be many positions available for movement in the waitlist, as most people will likely decide to attend their interviews since there aren’t many other schools who would have sent out acceptances/rejections yet. Anyone else have any other ideas on how waitlisted applicants are selected to be given an interview?

I also received this email. My take on receiving the second email is that the "300" interview spots have been accepted and filled so individuals on the waitlist will only be contacted if someone pulls out last minute. If there are no changes this is the email giving us the heads up that we may not be contacted again.  At least that is what the message seemed to be like for me.

Hopefully, there are some last minute spots that need to be filled, but I think we should all stay positive for just making the waitlist, McMasters is super competitive!

6 minutes ago, mgn04 said:

I also received this email. My take on receiving the second email is that the "300" interview spots have been accepted and filled so individuals on the waitlist will only be contacted if someone pulls out last minute. If there are no changes this is the email giving us the heads up that we may not be contacted again.  At least that is what the message seemed to be like for me.

Hopefully, there are some last minute spots that need to be filled, but I think we should all stay positive for just making the waitlist, McMasters is super competitive!

Agreed, sounded like that to me too. Not sure what the chances are of last minute cancellations but we can certainly keep our fingers crossed.

16 hours ago, mgn04 said:

Agreed!! I was honestly a bit floored to have news of being on the waitlist as I wasn’t really counting on hearing from McMaster. It really gave me a confidence boost and reminded me of my excitement (such a long wait period from now til May!). Well done everyone, rooting for all of us! It’s a hard place in the world of limbo :P 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, ClarissaJ. said:

To all the people who got rejected, around what GPA did you guys have. I am planning on applying next year, and want to know what the competitive cut off is around. 

According to Mac's website last year's GPA cut-off for interviews was 3.77 and typically goes up a bit each year. If you check back in the fall I am sure they'll update their website with 2019 numbers (they currently have 2015-2018 cut-offs on there).

Archived