Premed 101 Forums

1 hour ago, linmagine said:

Honestly said I don't know to one of the questions :') nice knowing ya western 

I don't necessarily think saying you don't know how you come down on a tough issue on an ethical question is egregious.

Honestly I don't know how my interview went. I took the 45 minutes I was supposed to and I was getting reassuring nods from the physician on the panel the entire time, but she might just have been doing that to calm my nerves lol. I think it would be most helpful if we just relax over the next month and a bit as hard as that may be. 

Same, had a pretty busy week and I was absolutely wiped when I went into the interview. I think the fatigue must have set in because I was totally rambling for a few questions and had to ask the interviewers to repeat a question a few times LOL- I swear the med student was staring at me in confusion for a good chunk of it. Can only hope it was a good overall impression

omggg sammeee I'm usually good with interviews but i was so rambly i can't even remember any of my answers. I just get flashbacks of parts of an answer at random times. Was tearing up walking out of clinical skills afterward. Currently feeling supppeerr sad about it overall - I've been struggling with focusing on day to day life and responsibilities as a result. 

Idk if that's going to make anyone feel better, but I don't think that having the impression that you've aced the interview is a good thing. As an interviewee you don't really know how clear and relevant your responses were. I'd think that most people are speculating about the quality of their answers based on the panel reaction, which probably doesn't mean all that much. 

33 minutes ago, medkunoichi said:

I'm really glad I'm not the only one who felt this way. Having the stopwatch on the table so that I could see it was kind of distracting and I felt pressured to rush my answers. I worked pretty hard to prep so I was really disappointed with how it went. Definitely not my best 45 minutes  :unsure:

I didn’t have a stopwatch. I guess just some rooms did. 

12 minutes ago, medkunoichi said:

Hmm I feel like the inconsistency is a bit odd

yeah maybe I just didn't notice though but I feel like I would have seen it if there was one. It's hard with the inconsistency b/c ppl's biases will always play a role and some ppl will always be harder markers than others even if there is a strict rubric. It's shitty that your fate can be (even at least partially) dependent on someone's subjectivity but we just have to live with it and try to distract ourselves until may 14.

2 minutes ago, TheBananaStand said:

For mine, we started late cause an interviewer was a few minutes late, and at 10:40 they tell me we have 3 questions left and only 5minutes left so we're gonna have to speed things up, which threw me off big time for the end :( 

Wow I'm sorry that happened, that sounds awful. I thought the 45mins was an approximate time for the interview, didn't realize they would be cutting people off.

4 hours ago, mothernature said:

yeah maybe I just didn't notice though but I feel like I would have seen it if there was one. It's hard with the inconsistency b/c ppl's biases will always play a role and some ppl will always be harder markers than others even if there is a strict rubric. It's shitty that your fate can be (even at least partially) dependent on someone's subjectivity but we just have to live with it and try to distract ourselves until may 14.

Subjectivity is an issue at all points down stream (ha I remember reaching a point where I realized every single evaluation for the rest of my life would be increasingly subjective - starting with the med school interview). Not sure that was all that comfortable of an observation ha. 

Subjective doesn't mean not standardized though - these things are watched closely and compared. 

On 3/27/2019 at 3:03 PM, TheBananaStand said:

For mine, we started late cause an interviewer was a few minutes late, and at 10:40 they tell me we have 3 questions left and only 5minutes left so we're gonna have to speed things up, which threw me off big time for the end :( 

How much time did you lose? I think this should be considered in your evaluation.

Think about whether you should contact admissions regarding this issue.