Premed 101 Forums

Chances for Ontario? (Brutal honesty please) Canadian first time applicant

14 hours ago, AdamMD said:

@YesIcan55 LOL well I never said that's accurate either ;) It might just be a different sport at a different school but at that level of competition. I told you, don't worry about the details. It's subtle and gives me the peace of mind that I am 100% anonymous. I don't get why people can't just answer the simple question, saves us all a lot of time.

P.S. I am paranoid about these things, it's my first time on these kinds of forums. 

you ask for brutal honestly, but there's nothing people can be honest about because you're being 'elusive ooooo'. why are you even here? 

honesty was them telling you you're being deceptive, and then you were as salty as your salty gf (in your words) when you were called out. 

Literally a 1 point difference on the MCAT can make or break your application, so when you report 510 vs. 516 that's a big deal. 

Next cycle you should be good to go for UWO,  UofT, Queens, and maybe Ottawa, with a much better MCAT and hopefully a 4.0 GPA  to count in 4th year.   Apply to MAC as well as a stellar CASPR might get you an interview.    Start now and spend quality time in re-working your EC write ups.  Use the CanMed categories and directly related your ECs to those categories.  Find existing med students to help you with reviewing your submissions and hopefully Interview prep.     

@waifu4laifu I can understand the frustration, but once again, I rewrote it and made it clear in an earlier response. The only major lie would be the "first-time applicant" part. Given I am starting a new thread I wanted to add an extra layer of anonymity since more people will probably read this. I just started using this a few weeks back and I didn't know my old posts are traceable. I'm actually really baffled how you guys have the time to waste by investigating my profile and pulling up rosters, yet most people just drop a 1 sentence feedback and move on with their lives. If this detective work reaps value and self-worth, keep it up. I'm kind of tired of responding as it's futile. 

Cheers!

Archived