Premed 101 Forums

Feedback letter

My letter says the average scores for people INVITED to interview are as follows:
GPA: 3.94 / 4.0
Personal Activities: 7.00 /17.00
MCAT: 129.54 / 132 

The maximum scores achieved by applicants in each were 4.0, 12.00, and 132.00, respectively. 

6 minutes ago, UWCC said:

My letter says the average scores for people INVITED to interview are as follows:
GPA: 3.94 / 4.0
Personal Activities: 7.00 /17.00
MCAT: 129.54 / 132 

The maximum scores achieved by applicants in each were 4.0, 12.00, and 132.00, respectively. 

sorry, the average is 132 and 4.0?!

14 minutes ago, orangeisthenewblack said:

No, the average is 3.94, 7, and 129.54 according to UWCC. The maximums are 4, 17, and 132.

Yes ^ this is what I meant to convey. Sorry for any confusion! 

I'm OOP, but my letter makes NO distinction that the table they provide is for OOP applicants. It simply says: 
"The tables show the maximum score achieved in each category,  as well as the average score of those who were offered an interview. Your score is displayed below." 

Maybe if someone who was IP and rejected can chime in with what their numbers in their table say...?

3 minutes ago, UWCC said:

Yes ^ this is what I meant to convey. Sorry for any confusion! 

I'm OOP, but my letter makes NO distinction that the table they provide is for OOP applicants. It simply says: 
"The tables show the maximum score achieved in each category,  as well as the average score of those who were offered an interview. Your score is displayed below." 

Maybe if someone who was IP and rejected can chime in with what their numbers in their table say...?

Normally the letter only provides the scores for your specific applicant pool. In the past the letter also specified which pool you were in. So it would say something like "4yr AB Pool" in the corner.

6 hours ago, crazybananas411 said:

Anyone have an idea why the ECs are scored out of 17?  I thought they were scored out of 16 last year...

They were out of 17 in previous years, and scores were broken down as follows (back in 2017 when they actually broke down scores at in-person meetings, which they no longer do):
4 points each for volunteerism, work experience, diversity of experience, and leadership. 
The final 1 point was for your score in the awards section.

Hard to say how they calculate the 17 now.

I am surprised the EC is so harshly scored. Seems really low. Are all the EC scores whole numbers? Like just a simple "impressive or not" scale. If that's the case then the "difficult circumstances" essay could just be an additional point or not? Would love to know the in province numbers... ?  

11 minutes ago, adhominem said:

2018 INVITE STATS FOR REFERENCE:

IP:
GPA: 3.8 average, 4.0 max
ECs: 7/17 average, 12/17 max
MCAT: 128.06 average, 131.50 max

OOP:
GPA: 3.94 average,  4.0 max
ECs: 8/17 average, 12/17 max
MCAT: 129.63 average, 132 max

Where did you get the 8 EC for OPP. It says above it was 7?

Archived