Premed 101 Forums

UofS - University of Saskatchewan Acceptance/Rejection/Waitlist 2019

On 4/29/2019 at 2:14 PM, SaskMEDvsDENT said:

Accepted on April 8th, 2019 (Posting Late)

IP

Interview went great!

Deposit Paid

For those of you on the waitlist, there is still a lot of time and much more movement that will most likely happen so keep your fingers crossed! 

Did you apply for Med too?

Hey,

Does anyone from in province have any recommendations about where to live? I'd ideally want to live walking distance from campus (no more than 20 mins) and in a high rise apartment building. I'm not from the area and only visited for my interview. Upon looking online, I found that most seem to be houses or low rise buildings. Any information or suggestions would be great. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Adent said:

Hey,

Does anyone from in province have any recommendations about where to live? I'd ideally want to live walking distance from campus (no more than 20 mins) and in a high rise apartment building. I'm not from the area and only visited for my interview. Upon looking online, I found that most seem to be houses or low rise buildings. Any information or suggestions would be great. Thank you!

Saskatoon is pretty lacking in high-rises overall, unless you plan on living downtown, which is a parking nightmare, although transit is pretty good from downtown. I'd recommend somewhere close to 8th St or Sutherland for distance wise. If you wanna be walking distance your only option is pretty much student housing provided by uni. I can tell you with a high certainty you won't find a high rise within walking distance. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2019 at 4:06 AM, saskdent009 said:

Saskatoon is pretty lacking in high-rises overall, unless you plan on living downtown, which is a parking nightmare, although transit is pretty good from downtown. I'd recommend somewhere close to 8th St or Sutherland for distance wise. If you wanna be walking distance your only option is pretty much student housing provided by uni. I can tell you with a high certainty you won't find a high rise within walking distance. 

I think that living on the campus of a university is quite normal) When I was at university, I lived on campus for 4 years. Now I have a good job, I help students, I can help you with writing a dissertation, you can read more about it on my website, this is a big piece of work, so contact me.

On 5/17/2019 at 4:46 PM, Adent said:

Hey,

3 hours ago, flynnbillsonn said:

I think living in the campus of the university is quite normal)

IMO Assiniboine or Wollaston halls are pretty good place to live in. There is nothing fancy about it but it is quiet, clean and cozy once you get inside of the unit.

Also it is pretty spacious (~500sqft) for one person use and it's only 9~10min walk from the College.

Grocery stores (Save on Foods, Sobey, etc.) are also 10min walk away from the residence.

Only downside is that there is no furniture except a mattress, a bed frame, a wall-mounted desk and a few bookshelves so for example, I had to buy a chair and a bedding (these were all I needed lol).

During the moving season, previous tenants who are moving out tend to offer their stuff on the first floor. Last year, I picked up a coffee table set which was in decent condition.