Premed 101 Forums

UofA OT Waitlist 2019

1 hour ago, OTapplicant19 said:

I know the email said they don't disclose wait list position, but I looked through the threads on here from last year and it sounds like people went ahead and emailed anyway and were told whether they were in the top half (1-49) or bottom half (50-100).  Has anyone done this? 

I know someone who asked and they disclosed that on Friday to them

13 hours ago, OTapplicant19 said:

I know the email said they don't disclose wait list position, but I looked through the threads on here from last year and it sounds like people went ahead and emailed anyway and were told whether they were in the top half (1-49) or bottom half (50-100).  Has anyone done this? 

I emailed them asking this today and they told me I was placed in the upper half of the waitlist!! 

1 minute ago, Otpthopeful said:

Confusing wording, because last year an applicant was told they were in upper half, meaning upper numbers (50-100). Could be interpreted either way, really. 

Never thought of it that way! I should double check that for sure, thanks!

16 minutes ago, Otpthopeful said:

Can you please let us know when they tell you? Would be interesting to know what they mean by the wording, as I’m sure most of us will be getting an answer. 

They just got back to me and I was right! So upper is 1-50 and lower is 50-100

3 minutes ago, ac15 said:

They stated that last year over half got accepted, and you could easily be the middle third the same as I could be middle third. Let's not stress yet! 

6 minutes ago, OTapplicant19 said:

Thanks for the update! I was told I'm in the lower half so not feeling very hopeful haha

Interesting how most other schools disclose your exact position on the waiting list. Would be nice to know, but seems like many other students have applied to a bunch of schools, so maybe there will be a decent amount of movement this year! Stay positive :)