Premed 101 Forums

Has anyone’s verifiers been contacted?

23 minutes ago, Dragonfly_19 said:

A verifier just told me they received an email this morning! Seems like we might not find out next week if they’re still sending emails....

Oh wow! Did your verifier mention what they were asked? Like is it just a form they fill out, or something more complicated? Have you heard from any other verifiers saying they were contacted, or just the one?

6 minutes ago, chipotle101 said:

Oh wow! Did your verifier mention what they were asked? Like is it just a form they fill out, or something more complicated? Have you heard from any other verifiers saying they were contacted, or just the one?

I think it was just a link to a form, but they didn’t give me any other details. I haven’t heard from anyone else yet! 

12 minutes ago, Dragonfly_19 said:

I think it was just a link to a form, but they didn’t give me any other details. I haven’t heard from anyone else yet! 

Was this one of your references or one of the contacts for a Top 10 or something else you had put down?

3 hours ago, Occam said:

Hey! I also had one of my verifiers contacted earlier today :)

Seems so bizarre to me that they would do this so late in the game... but I would be happy if I were you because I don’t see why they would contact your verifiers if they weren’t planning to make you an offer ;)

16 hours ago, ATG4B said:

Seems so bizarre to me that they would do this so late in the game... but I would be happy if I were you because I don’t see why they would contact your verifiers if they weren’t planning to make you an offer ;)

This does make sense. I wish that I had heard that my verifiers had been contacted. I would agree that they wouldn't bother if not planning to make you an offer.

FYI to everyone, in the past I believe they have checked verifiers for both people who were accepted and rejected, both before and after letters are sent out. I have no idea why they do this. They may just pick random names/items to verify, nobody really knows. Point is, it's absolutely no indication of whether or not you're going to get an offer or exactly when offers will be sent. I know right now is a stressful time, but sit tight and try to relax, there's nothing else you can do.

1 hour ago, pokemaster said:

I’m a verifier (and an applicant for what it’s worth) and while on the phone to verify the activity the lady mentioned that the admissions decisions were already decided and that this was being done for everyone. 

Just so yall also know :)

So even those getting rejected get their verifiers contacted?

1 hour ago, pokemaster said:

Apparently, which quite frankly seems kind of like a waste of time 

I had one of mine contacted today as well. They were asked to respond by May 7th. I thought we aren't likely to hear anything in terms of decisions until after that date, but it sounds like that may not matter if the decisions are already made.

5 of mine were contacted this week (guess they really don't trust me......). I was told that the email said they need to respond by May 7th. So I'm going to guess that acceptances are sent out the week after (May 13 onwards). 

4 hours ago, pokemaster said:

I’m a verifier (and an applicant for what it’s worth) and while on the phone to verify the activity the lady mentioned that the admissions decisions were already decided and that this was being done for everyone. 

Just so yall also know :)

I was under the impression that you're suppose to send an email as a verifier/reference? Why would you be calling?