Premed 101 Forums

Australian Dental School

1 hour ago, Peaceminus said:

not yet! it is expected for offers to come out this week or next week tho! what are your stats like?

Hey, I have also applied to Griffith and have not heard anything. Like @Peaceminus said it will either be this week or next week. What is everyone's stats? I have a 3.6 gpa, hopefully will get in, Griffith is my first choice. Fingers crossed :) 

4 hours ago, pre-dent said:

Hey, I have also applied to Griffith and have not heard anything. Like @Peaceminus said it will either be this week or next week. What is everyone's stats? I have a 3.6 gpa, hopefully will get in, Griffith is my first choice. Fingers crossed :)

I have a 3.68/4 gpa and im soooo scared about the results! Griffith is also my first choice!!!! Good luck guys!

24 minutes ago, Peaceminus said:

Yeah, I agree! They say approx. 25 but I really think it more like 30 spots for internationals. 

That’s good to know! Do you folks think that the borders will be open for when school starts or will it most likely be online?  I think less people will want to go if that’s the case but who knows. 

51 minutes ago, pre-dent said:

That’s good to know! Do you folks think that the borders will be open for when school starts or will it most likely be online?  I think less people will want to go if that’s the case but who knows. 

Yeah idk tbh. I think it will take them a while to open borders which is why a lot of schools have moved online (with usyd being the only exception for dental school). I think it will be online for the next 6 months min. Griffith said that they expect you to come by second year to Australia or else you have to apply for a leave of absence. https://www.griffith.edu.au/study/degrees/bachelor-of-dental-health-science-1577

A lot of money is at stake which is why it may not be very ideal to do dental school this year but Ofc everyone has their reasons 

21 hours ago, yaboijay said:

Does anyone know how griffith calculates GPA? I redid one course I had an F in and now im wondering if they count that in the calculation 

https://studenthelp.secure.griffith.edu.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/336/~/can-i-repeat-a-failed-course-more-than-once%3F

Here is the link explaining how Griffith calculates gpa with a failed course! Unfortunately, it seems like they do include it in the gpa calculations. However, I am sure your gpa will not drop that much with it included. 

Best of luck :) 

3 hours ago, chlxealexa said:

Griffith as well! Hopefully the results are out Monday, I’ve been eagerly waitinggg

Ah same! The wait has been slowly killing me! I think results may actually be out by the end of the week as last year they sent offers out aug 15 (deadline was july 30) but yeah we never know. If you don’t mind me asking, what are your stats?

9 hours ago, Peaceminus said:

Ah same! The wait has been slowly killing me! I think results may actually be out by the end of the week as last year they sent offers out aug 15 (deadline was july 30) but yeah we never know. If you don’t mind me asking, what are your stats?

Sure, I have a 3.73 gpa. I also spoke to someone who got in last year and they had a 3.55 gpa. 

1 hour ago, chlxealexa said:

Sure, I have a 3.73 gpa. I also spoke to someone who got in last year and they had a 3.55 gpa. 

Yeah! I spoke to the same person! The only thing though, that person has finished an undergrad degree so idk if that was an added advantage to them! I was told that it wouldn’t matter but idk. It will all ultimately depend on the pool of applicants! I was told by a Griffith staff that 200-250 ppl apply each year to the dental program. If the competition avg is a 3.50/4.0 then all of us have a very good chance of getting accepted! Plus, the most competitive students apply from Canada! FINGERS ARE CROSSED