Premed 101 Forums

D-DAY 2019 — Discussion Thread

39 minutes ago, Neurophiliac said:

Just got accepted to VFMP!!!!!

I am in tears... I am in so many tears.... I just can't... I just can't even process this..... oh ... my.. god... 

I am still shocked this is unbelievable...

Congratulations! Super proud of you! I could tell you were going to do well from practices. :)
 Might see you in class if my Ontario schools don't take me. 

1 hour ago, Neurophiliac said:

Just got accepted to VFMP!!!!!

I am in tears... I am in so many tears.... I just can't... I just can't even process this..... oh ... my.. god... 

I am still shocked this is unbelievable...

So proud of you! I don't know if I've seen anyone want it as much as you! Looking forward to meeting you in the fall!

Rejection

In-province student

AQ score: 32.1 (science degree, heavy course load) 

NAQ score: 28.5 (variety of different and unique volunteering experiences,  many long term commitments) 

TFR: 60.6 

MCAT : 504 

Edit: 

forgot to mention I had an above average interview score 

Pretty bummed out, but oh well. 

Congratulations to all of those accepted !!!! 

Edited by Lmnop96

3 hours ago, vellichor said:

huge congrats to everyone admitted!! current MS1 here, happy to answer any questions about UBC med you might have at this point :) 

(also shoutout @Neurophiliac, was seriously rooting for you from the sidelines- even as a total stranger could see how utterly dedicated you are and will be as a future doc!)

3 hours ago, Muffincups said:

Amazing and congrats!!!

3 hours ago, struggling2getin said:

Congratulations! Super proud of you! I could tell you were going to do well from practices. :)
 Might see you in class if my Ontario schools don't take me. 

Awwww, thank you soooo much you guys!!!  I am incredibly grateful for all the love and truly amazing comments that I've received; you guys just have no idea how thankful I am to be receiving all this love :wub::wub:  Love you all <3 .  I am beyond, BEYOND excited to meet all my classmates soon and also to connect with other medical students!!!  :D:D

HUGE CONGRATS TO EVERYONE THAT RECEIVED AN OFFER TODAY!!!  Today started as such an anxiety-provoking day, but will end with celebration.  And the celebrations are just the beginning too ;).  

giphy.gif

To those who have have been waitlisted, BEST OF LUCK!  I hope to see some of you for sure in August!  :D;)  Please hang in there!