Premed 101 Forums

2019 Entry- UWO Class of 2023 Acceptance/Rejection/Waitlist

ACCEPTED

Cannot believe it!!

IP

western GPA%: 87-88 (some decimal of 87)

AA/PAT/RC

22/19/22

ECs: contributing author to a couple history papers, research U of T faculty of dentistry, ~100 hours shadowing, University varsity sport, 100+ hours volunteering at a food bank and a service project, in a one year masters with my project using stem cells with possible dental applications.

Interview: Felt okay -- was questioning a few things and could not get a read on one of my interviewers

edit: for those who don't know, the western student centre has the acceptance/rejection info out

Waitlisted

AA/RC/PAT: 22/23/18

ABS/PS: I thought these were ok, but I had no shadowing and my experiences aren’t that recent within the last year since I’ve been graduated

Interview: Thought it went well, pretty conversational and relaxed.  I think I really messed up a question near the end.

————

Has anyone emailed about their WL position and gotten High WL wording?  ie. “People in your position in past years have gotten an offer of admission?”

Waitlisted

90%~

AA: 22 RC: 18 PAT 21

ABS: lots of job experience, shadowed general dentists + 4 other dental specialities, lots of volunteering, involved in 2 dental research studies

Interview: I can't remember, it went by too fast, but I came out feeling good about it. Some questions were tough but I was able to give an answer for all.

I'm guessing mid ranking for wait list, based on last year's forum. 

"On behalf of the Admissions Committee, I regret to inform you that you were not selected to fill one of the available seats in the class. It was, however, recommended that your name be placed on a ranked waiting list. Should any of the selected candidates decline the seat we have offered them, replacements will be selected from applicants on the waiting list."

Waitlisted

GPA: 87-88%

AA/PAT/RC: 21/20/23

ECs: Pretty good, I think

Interview: I personally didn't know what to expect, didn't think it was terrible, but have been cringing ever since

"In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have not received an offer of admission." ☹️

IP

2 hours ago, hellothere123 said:

Waitlisted

90%~

AA: 22 RC: 18 PAT 21

ABS: lots of job experience, shadowed general dentists + 4 other dental specialities, lots of volunteering, involved in 2 dental research studies

Interview: I can't remember, it went by too fast, but I came out feeling good about it. Some questions were tough but I was able to give an answer for all.

I'm guessing mid ranking for wait list, based on last year's forum. 

"On behalf of the Admissions Committee, I regret to inform you that you were not selected to fill one of the available seats in the class. It was, however, recommended that your name be placed on a ranked waiting list. Should any of the selected candidates decline the seat we have offered them, replacements will be selected from applicants on the waiting list."

Did you try emailing them? For me it states at the end that I should try emailing them and they may be able to tell me my rank. I am still waiting for there reply. 

Just now, Jep Zer said:

Did you try emailing them? For me it states at the end that I should try emailing them and they may be able to tell me my rank. I am still waiting for their reply. 

Yes :) I emailed them and got this response: "We do not give out information regarding applicants ranking on the Wait List nor how many people are on the Wait List.  Although you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time, it was recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List.  Any offers not accepted will be filled by individuals on the Wait List."

2 minutes ago, hellothere123 said:

Yes :) I emailed them and got this response: "We do not give out information regarding applicants ranking on the Wait List nor how many people are on the Wait List.  Although you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time, it was recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List.  Any offers not accepted will be filled by individuals on the Wait List."

Maybe they really didn't send out HWL, NWL, or LWL. So perhaps there is some hope. 

Accepted!

93%

DAT: 25 AA/23 PAT/24 RC

ECs: decent; some basic research, 90+ hours of shadowing (multiple specialties), some volunteering, no clubs

Interview: went well, was pretty energetic, but I felt like I didn’t talk about everything I wanted to. 

Will likely reject this offer in favour of Toronto, but I’m still deciding. Congratulations to everyone, and good luck to the waitlisted. 

Waitlisted 

88%

DAT: 21 AA/ 21 PAT/ 21 RC 

ECs: in my opinion, it is strong 

Interview: it wasnt the best. I felt rushed. 

"It was, however, recommended that your name be placed on a ranked waiting list. Should any of the selected candidates decline the seat we have offered them, replacements will be selected from applicants on the waiting list"

35 minutes ago, Jep Zer said:

Maybe they really didn't send out HWL, NWL, or LWL. So perhaps there is some hope. 

@Jep Zer @hellothere123 They did LWL at least. I got the "In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have not received an offer of admission." In response to my email

This was sent to everyone I think:

"It was, however, recommended that your name be placed on a ranked waiting list. Should any of the selected candidates decline the seat we have offered them, replacements will be selected from applicants on the waiting list"

2 hours ago, Dentboyyyy said:

Accepted!

93%

DAT: 25 AA/23 PAT/24 RC

ECs: decent; some basic research, 90+ hours of shadowing (multiple specialties), some volunteering, no clubs

Interview: went well, was pretty energetic, but I felt like I didn’t talk about everything I wanted to. 

Will likely reject this offer in favour of Toronto, but I’m still deciding. Congratulations to everyone, and good luck to the waitlisted. 

Pick UofT .. do you really want to live in London for 4 years? lol

40 minutes ago, toothurty said:

Pick UofT .. do you really want to live in London for 4 years? lol

Really? I actually picked UWO over UofT, I thought the Dentistry faculty building at UofT was atrocious without any windows, although everyone there was very nice. I couldn't imagine spending the next four years in that building.