Premed 101 Forums

11 minutes ago, metacarpal said:

I could be wrong, but I heard that the wGPA cutoff for Queen's is higher than a 3.8, as 3.8 was speculated (on this forum) to be the cutoff for the cGPA. (again take this with a grain of salt as there are no official numbers provided by Queen's

My wGPA was below 3.8 and I still got an interview at Queen's. Western lowering their GPA cutoff is not likely and I wouldn't bet on it. I'd focus on doing an extra year or two and aim to surpass Western's wGPA.

2 minutes ago, metacarpal said:

Then why did you post this on the Queen's interview invite thread:

wGPA/cGPA: 3.92 or 3.93, unsure/abysmal (thank you Queens so much for your 2-year gpa)

Because that's my second cycle of application, where my 5th year was counted and raised my wGPA. In my first cycle, my wGPA was high 3.7 and based off of my 3rd and 4th year. 

If you want to check that too, you won't find it because I never got around to posting my stats for my first cycle. That's the limitation of using these forums to determine your chances- many people don't end up posting.