Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (May 2019)

Good luck everyone! Emails came out around this time last year and the subject line was "Congratulations - Status of application - Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa". Id be curious to know if they changed the subject line again this year if anyone could let me know.

As a current MD in Ottawa this was obviously a life changing moment for me to receive the acceptance email last year. I wish you all the best! For those that don't get in, DO NOT (I repeat) DO NOT GIVE UP.

Its taken me all 3 tries to finally get admitted and I couldn't be happier.

Almost wrapping up 1st year of med and 

IT. IS. SO. FREAKING. WORTH. IT. 

1 minute ago, Dr.MightySpongebob said:

Nothing here.. when will it be?

Last year I received the email around 6:46AM so I should expect them to roll out soon! 

Just now, Dippandpip said:

Historically, acceptances are out at 6:15 - 7:00 am

Indeed, but this year seems to be rather strange with the current OMSAS situation so I suspect there might be some delay.

7 minutes ago, aposter said:

got the email! :D

What was the subject line of the email if you don't mind me asking? Last year it was "Congratulations - Status of application - Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa". Friend is waiting for an email and wanted to know if the subject line gives a hint on the decision. Congrats by the way! 

Just got the Wait List email, the title is "Status of application - Faculty of Medicine - University of Ottawa". 

Not sure if they're doing Good/Bad waitlist? They said they will send a separate email if your name nears the top of the list. 

Just got a waitlist e-mail. Unsure if they're doing a good/bad waitlist?? Says on the e-mail : "Your name has been placed on a waiting list.  You will be notified by telephone or by e-mail communication if your name appears at the top of the list, should a vacancy occur before September."

3 minutes ago, bins said:

Just got the Wait List email, the title is "Status of application - Faculty of Medicine - University of Ottawa". 

Not sure if they're doing Good/Bad waitlist? They said they will send a separate email if your name nears the top of the list. 

I think the separate e-mail is referring to if a vacancy opens up, they'll contact you to fill it 

For those on the waitlist, both the English and French streams begin to see movement later in the month based on previous experience.  For those waitlisted for French, expect movement once Quebec schools have begun sending out their respective offers. I have seen offers go out as late as July! It isn't oven until you receive an email stating that the class is full. Hopefully this helps calm some nerves, and you should all be proud regardless!