• Received offer and will be accepting
    • Received offer and will be declining
    • Waitlisted and plan to accept if offered admission
    • On multiple waitlists and plan to decline if offered admission
    • Waitlisted and removing self from waitlist
    • Regrets
    • Accepted off waitlist!

9 hours ago, medhopeful20 said:

So based on what @xiphoid is saying, does this mean that the waitlist wont move at all because 93 people have joined the facebook group already with other students who may not be aware of the group.

I don't know. I've been waitlisted too and am trying to be as realistic about my chances as possible. As someone mentioned, last year around this time, the number of people in the facebook group was in the low 80s, which was a mix of upper and incoming students. This year, its already at 96 and according to @xiphoid upper year students are not allowed to join so its mostly incoming students. I'm sure a decent handful have multiple offers but all of this is making me feel like we should expect significantly less waitlist movement this year, for whatever reason. Who knows though. 

9 hours ago, ChickenDinner said:

I don't know. I've been waitlisted too and am trying to be as realistic about my chances as possible. As someone mentioned, last year around this time, the number of people in the facebook group was in the low 80s, which was a mix of upper and incoming students. This year, its already at 96 and according to @xiphoid upper year students are not allowed to join so its mostly incoming students. I'm sure a decent handful have multiple offers but all of this is making me feel like we should expect significantly less waitlist movement this year, for whatever reason. Who knows though. 

Keep in mind this year they offered acceptance to more MMTP candidates (7-10) and 10 (I think) First Nations individuals so the 2023 class will be larger than the 2022 class. I got off the waitlist in late May and there's no reason people won't this year. If I were to hazard a guess people joined multiple Facebook groups to check out the classes and maybe ask questions, I know I would if I had multiple acceptances.

2 minutes ago, ChickenDinner said:

@QueenStan I was not aware of this, thank you for sharing. That makes me feel a little better. Can you please clarify what ROC is?

Should have said "MMTP" not ROC. They describe it here:

https://meds.queensu.ca/academics/undergraduate/prospective-students

It's a program designed for military applicants. They do not subtract spots from the regular applicant pool but rather open up additional ones.

3 hours ago, QueenStan said:

Keep in mind this year they offered acceptance to more MMTP candidates (7-10) and 10 (I think) First Nations individuals so the 2023 class will be larger than the 2022 class.

MMTP spots are supernumerary to the 100, as are international, but aren't those accepted through the Indigenous application stream part of the 100 (along with MD/PhD and QuARMS)? In the AFMC guide from two years back, it says "The number of year one positions available for 2017/18 is 100 for Canadian citizens or permanent residents which includes up to 4 positions available to Aboriginal students. Up to 5 additional positions are available for international students." So if they accepted 10 through the Indigenous stream, that would leave fewer spots through the regular admissions process, unless it changed for the 2023s?

5 minutes ago, xiphoid said:

MMTP spots are supernumerary to the 100, as are international, but aren't those accepted through the Indigenous application stream part of the 100 (along with MD/PhD and QuARMS)? In the AFMC guide from two years back, it says "The number of year one positions available for 2017/18 is 100 for Canadian citizens or permanent residents which includes up to 4 positions available to Aboriginal students. Up to 5 additional positions are available for international students." So if they accepted 10 through the Indigenous stream, that would leave fewer spots through the regular admissions process, unless it changed for the 2023s?

I was told they were matriculating more students this year but I'm not sure how they intend to accommodate the extra students. I think they're just opening up more spots since our classrooms can technically hold more, which means the size of the 2023 class will be larger without impacting the 100 or whatever. I'm fairly certain it was discussed in either the town hall or something similar but you'd be hard pressed to find concrete numbers online (classic Queens).

10 was the max I heard but it could be in the single digits. They could also offer to 10 candidates but only 5 take them. Similar to how Queen's gives out ~190 offers of admissions but the class size is only ~100.

8 minutes ago, bhaggy said:

I see that McMaster has been sending offers to those waitlisted today, does anyone know if Queen's sends them out before the 2 week deadline? 

Not sure if they do, I will say that Queens’ deadline for acceptance is 1 day earlier than other schools (27th), so maybe they will release a day earlier, possibly before other decisions are required

On 5/19/2019 at 9:32 PM, ChickenDinner said:

Damn Facebook group is at 104. Last year, the group was over 100 AFTER the first round of waitlist movement. This wait is awful

Keep in mind that this includes CURRENT students. A lot of the 2022s are part of that group. The neuroticism doesn't help the wait.. trust me. I know it's a hard wait, believe me, I WAS one of those waiting. 

31 minutes ago, sykern said:

Keep in mind that this includes CURRENT students. A lot of the 2022s are part of that group. The neuroticism doesn't help the wait.. trust me. I know it's a hard wait, believe me, I WAS one of those waiting. 

No we’re not sadly. Just a few. But some of the members may be people with multiple acceptances and are sort of figuring things out.

1 hour ago, sykern said:

Just 2 from our year are in the group :( We were very explicitly told that they wouldn't be accepting our request to join the group.