• Received offer and will be accepting
    • Received offer and will be declining
    • Waitlisted and plan to accept if offered admission
    • On multiple waitlists and plan to decline if offered admission
    • Waitlisted and removing self from waitlist
    • Regrets
    • Accepted off waitlist!

29 minutes ago, bhaggy said:

I know there are some people who accepted Queen's but are hoping  to get an offer  off the wailist from other schools! So I seriously doubt the class is 100% confirmed and there probably will be some movement here and there.

Isn’t that forbidden by omsas? I thought once you accept an offer you can’t accept an offer from another school after 

31 minutes ago, bhaggy said:

I know there are some people who accepted Queen's but are hoping  to get an offer  off the wailist from other schools! So I seriously doubt the class is 100% confirmed and there probably will be some movement here and there.

Those people are in for a bad time then since you’re taken off the waitlist from everywhere once you accept any offer

5 minutes ago, manolo59 said:

Was anyone accepted but did NOT get that email? 

*raises hand*

Also, waitlisters who were accepted have yet to receive their OMSAS offers (though they can tell through SOLUS acceptances the number). Keep in mind people can accept through SOLUS and pay deposit, yet have another wait list offer, can choose last minute to accept the other offer on OMSAS if they never accepted Queen’s. Though I’m unsure why anyone would pay 1000 just to say nvm going to another.

4 minutes ago, Monocyte said:

*raises hand*

Also, waitlisters who were accepted have yet to receive their OMSAS offers (though they can tell through SOLUS acceptances the number). Keep in mind people can accept through SOLUS and pay deposit, yet have another wait list offer, can choose last minute to accept the other offer on OMSAS if they never accepted Queen’s. Though I’m unsure why anyone would pay 1000 just to say nvm going to another.

Ok that’s reassuring! Thanks :) 

1 minute ago, APP2019 said:

I also did not get that email which made me a bit concerned... maybe the person who got the email accepted through first round of offers?

I have accepted my waitlist offer through SOLUS/paid deposit but because of the OMSAS issue (offer hasn't shown up yet) I got a waitlist call from another school Friday, so in theory people could be holding out still because of this OMSAS issue. 

No need to worry. The school isn’t going to be like “haha nvm no offer for u!” I bet OMSAS offers will appear tomorrow as it’s the end of the weekend and people are back to work.

1 hour ago, AvgApplicant said:

I think the WL is done, we just got an email congratulating us and thanking us for accepting our offers. They mentioned the class size of 100 so I assume that means all spots are taken. They said they’ll begin handing out registration info for medtech website related to the acceptance process being complete or something

Doubt 

1 hour ago, ysera said:

Those people are in for a bad time then since you’re taken off the waitlist from everywhere once you accept any offer

1 hour ago, betterlattethannever said:

Isn’t that forbidden by omsas? I thought once you accept an offer you can’t accept an offer from another school after 

I am referring to out of province med schools, not Ontario. For instance, UBC, Calgary, etc. You can accept an offer on OMSAS and still be on a waitlist for an out of province school! Hope that clears it up!

3 hours ago, AvgApplicant said:

I think the WL is done, we just got an email congratulating us and thanking us for accepting our offers. They mentioned the class size of 100 so I assume that means all spots are taken. They said they’ll begin handing out registration info for medtech website related to the acceptance process being complete or something

Where is this email?  Our ***@queensu.ca?

22 hours ago, hiyayosup said:

After snooping around on Facebook, it seems like EVERYONE who was accepted to Queen's is a serious athlete (having competed nationally or internationally). Unfortunately, I don't have anything athletic on my app. Was hoping someone whose been accepted would ease my mind and tell me they got in without having anything athletic on their ABS...?

I'm in that group and I have seen all of two people who seems to be an elite athlete from their bios. There are more people who do Saint John Ambulance than people I'd say are really high level athletes. The trend is "I like staying fit/hiking/being outdoors" . 

16 hours ago, hiyayosup said:

I suppose you're right. There's just a very clear theme among people's bios -- everyone seems to be outdoorsy/athletic/into playing or watching sports. My app didn't have the slightest reference to sports/fitness/etc. I know med schools don't care what you do as long as you're passionate about it but the theme is so prevalent in the group that it makes me feel like Queen's is actively selecting for that. Probably just me being paranoid. Just wish this wait would end already, even if its outcome is not in my favour. 

I wouldn’t overthink it! I think this could be that many active/overachieving people would be drawn to a career in medicine. Sports can definitely demonstrate and teach people dedication, teamwork, and leadership skills, but they aren’t the only thing that can. If anything, perhaps people have diverse interests (I.e. not just science/healthcare) and they are looking for well rounded individuals? Not sure.  Fingers cross for you! 

6 minutes ago, gogadgetgirl said:

Update from office: 

They have just communicated with our office that they have found the error and will have the offers viewable by the afternoon. Please continue to check your account, and please ensure you accept the offer on SOLUS by the deadline. We apologise for this inconvenience.”

Hm, looks like they're still pushing forward with the original timeline for waitlist offers. I think we can expect to hear back about further waitlist offers tomorrow. Fingers crossed those who've been waiting all hear good news.