• Received offer and will be accepting
    • Received offer and will be declining
    • Waitlisted and plan to accept if offered admission
    • On multiple waitlists and plan to decline if offered admission
    • Waitlisted and removing self from waitlist
    • Regrets
    • Accepted off waitlist!

11 hours ago, TITBOOB said:

Someone posted in the Facebook group having gotten off of waitlist today and hiyayosup got in on Monday. Sooo how are they releasing this, several splashes rather than a wave it seems

So it seems like waitlist offers are being sent out on a rolling basis, just sent out whenever people decline their offers. Interesting since they seemed to do it in weekly rounds in previous years. Wonder why.. I'd guess they're just trying to speed up the process and get offers out as they become available so they can get decisions back sooner on an individual basis. The number of people who need to be notified is probably too small to justify doing it in batches. Another possible reason may be that other waitlists seem to be moving slowly as well, which affects Queen's particularly because it doesn't have a geographical preference (like people who are also waiting to hear back from UBC); people are waiting longer to make a decision

ngl it would be really nice if people who are low on the waitlist could be informed that there is not a reasonable chance of getting an offer, so they can move on with their lives. I mean, I'm busy doing other stuff but really it's still at the back of my mind. Like do I tell work that I'm staying on, or train somebody to fill my role? The radio silence is just rough.

19 minutes ago, conbrio said:

ngl it would be really nice if people who are low on the waitlist could be informed that there is not a reasonable chance of getting an offer, so they can move on with their lives. I mean, I'm busy doing other stuff but really it's still at the back of my mind. Like do I tell work that I'm staying on, or train somebody to fill my role? The radio silence is just rough.

Honestly I feel the same way, but I think I’m just going to give up having hope at this time because it’s just super annoying! And with the lack of movement (that we have experienced here) it seems like it’s the best thing to do. I feel like it’s all over :/.

Just now, IMislove said:

Class is full when they email that the class is full. Let them do their thing, you’ll hear one way or another. 

Perfectly normal to give them a call.

I’m sure the 10 applicants on waitlist calling to  see what’s up will really shut down their telephone lines! Lol 

In previous years the office would disclose information about waitlist position around this time in certain cases. 

1 hour ago, TITBOOB said:

Perfectly normal to give them a call.

I’m sure the 10 applicants on waitlist calling to  see what’s up will really shut down their telephone lines! Lol 

In previous years the office would disclose information about waitlist position around this time in certain cases. 

When people called they disclosed their positions on the waitlist you mean? (In certain cases).

20 hours ago, cats22 said:

Got in off the wait list Thursday 11:07 am EST. I pretty much gave up hope before I got that email since it was over a month since May 14th. But clearly it’s not over yet! :)

Amazing congrats! So happy for you, must be a big relief. :D 

Just curious how'd you feel about your MMI afterwards?