Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Thread - 2019

2 hours ago, Peaka said:

They didn't skip anything, timestamp is just not a waitlist rank indicator. Them sending a mail-merge is a much more plausible theory. 

I don't mean to sound ignorant but what do you think that entails? All I know is that timestamps so far seems to be a very good indicator of one's waitlist position.

27 minutes ago, Peaka said:

Hmm it's hard to tell! I read through a lot of past year's posts in the last few weeks and all I know is people debunked it with people from later timestamps being accepted before the ones from earlier timestamp (just like in this case). I think it may just mean that you are in a different bin since someone with a lower wGPA got off the waitlist :/ I mean unless the mail-merge is organized my waitlist rank but then it would make no sense... I mean honestly being waitlisted is going to turn us all to delirium T_T

Little edit scrolling to earlier posts in this thread (like a maniac I must add): someone got accepted in the english stream with 7:28:24 AM as a email sent time (unless it was a typo).

It was a typo :P

2 hours ago, King0King said:

Maggie, what is your GPA and time stamp: ?

Chantal is not there today.

How do you know Chantal isn't there? It makes me feel a bit better knowing no offers were made today lol

My GPA is 3.89, but I'm in CNFS so the timestamp isn't really useful. If it was, I would have received an offer this week since my timestamp is one second after onesieluv who was accepted Monday. I'm not going to post my exact timestamp so that I don't declare onesieluv's timestamp.

1 hour ago, Maggie19 said:

How do you know Chantal isn't there? It makes me feel a bit better knowing no offers were made today lol

My GPA is 3.89, but I'm in CNFS so the timestamp isn't really useful. If it was, I would have received an offer this week since my timestamp is one second after onesieluv who was accepted Monday. I'm not going to post my exact timestamp so that I don't declare onesieluv's timestamp.

I received the offer yesterday, and in the email she said she will not be in the office today.

Also people who receive an offer off the waitlist get a week to respond so the class very likely stilll has a reasonable number of spots left, it just may take longer now between offers since each round is fewer and fewer people. Also, while I can’t weigh in on the time stamp theory, your gpa is helpful. If you have a lower gpa than the last accepted person for your stream who posted, that means you may still be in the current bin. If your gpa is higher, then hopefully you are in the next bin. 

16 minutes ago, bobbythunder said:

I received the offer yesterday, and in the email she said she will not be in the office today.

Bobby Thunder, or anyone else who got off the wait list:

what does your email say exactly?

Hope you don't mind us asking.

Do you have one week to respond? Is there a deadline?

Sorry for all the questions.

2 hours ago, Ganglion said:

Bobby Thunder, or anyone else who got off the wait list:

what does your email say exactly?

Hope you don't mind us asking.

Do you have one week to respond? Is there a deadline?

Sorry for all the questions.

It basically says the deadline that you must accept the offer by as well as things like you must ensure completion of prerequisites by June 2019, maintenance of GPA, completion of the acceptance documents (forms, proof of citizenship, etc). It says you must respond by the deadline, so the documents must arrive at the office by the deadline as well as respond on OMSAS (the offer expires by the deadline on OMSAS).