Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Group 2019

5 minutes ago, PEP2019 said:

Congratulations! Was Windsor your campus preference? 

Thank you! London was my campus preference, but looking forward to a tight-knit community in Windsor! I did ask if there is a chance that it might switch to London and she said London is currently full so not likely but not impossible. 

I have a potentially silly question: When I access western's student centre portal, under my phone number where it lists my contact information is says "none". However, when I click phone number to edit it, my cell number is there. My cell and home numbers are also on OUAC. Should I be at all concerned that it says "none"? I just want to be absolutely sure that they can call me if I get called off the wait list. 

Also, if you don't pick up do they leave a voice mail/send an email or continue calling until you do pick up? 

20 hours ago, jeopardymusic said:

For those who were also glued to their phones, I just received the call 4:26pm EST off the high waitlist for Windsor Campus!

wow are already going through Windsor - good luck everyone! 

and for those that get it the Windsor campus really is a pretty special place (speaking from my experiences there)

1 hour ago, rmorelan said:

wow are already going through Windsor - good luck everyone! 

and for those that get it the Windsor campus really is a pretty special place (speaking from my experiences there)

is it abnormal to be into windsor already? if so, i guess normal waitlisters have less hope of getting in?

1 hour ago, yeahokayman said:

is it abnormal to be into windsor already? if so, i guess normal waitlisters have less hope of getting in?

There are always to important or at least clear points in the process - one is when people on the normal waitlist start reporting getting pulled, and the other is when people that selected London as their first choice are accepted off the waitlist to Windsor. The reason for the latter being important is we actually know the size of the Windsor class, and that puts an upper bound on the number of remaining positions. You can estimate the number of people that picked it as first choice - relatively smaller number even though again honest Windsor is a great place to do med school - and start to see how close we would be to the end. 

I wouldn't say it is abnormal - I just lost track of where we were with the ha rather long schedule I am on right now. 

3 hours ago, rmorelan said:

There are always to important or at least clear points in the process - one is when people on the normal waitlist start reporting getting pulled, and the other is when people that selected London as their first choice are accepted off the waitlist to Windsor. The reason for the latter being important is we actually know the size of the Windsor class, and that puts an upper bound on the number of remaining positions. You can estimate the number of people that picked it as first choice - relatively smaller number even though again honest Windsor is a great place to do med school - and start to see how close we would be to the end. 

I wouldn't say it is abnormal - I just lost track of where we were with the ha rather long schedule I am on right now. 

I spent the time between my interview and May 14 neurotically tracking waitlist movement and patterns based on premed 101 posts for the past 5+ years. Based on that, what happened this year is pretty unusual. Most of the time, everyone who is accepted through unspecified campus on may 14 gets London Campus, and a good chunk of the high waitlist also gets London Campus. This year, the high waitlist started to clear into windsor right from the start. Wheter this means there will be less waitlist movement overall remains to be seen, usually the waitlist moves through 70-80 people in total. 

1 hour ago, Schulich2019 said:

I spent the time between my interview and May 14 neurotically tracking waitlist movement and patterns based on premed 101 posts for the past 5+ years. Based on that, what happened this year is pretty unusual. Most of the time, everyone who is accepted through unspecified campus on may 14 gets London Campus, and a good chunk of the high waitlist also gets London Campus. This year, the high waitlist started to clear into windsor right from the start. Wheter this means there will be less waitlist movement overall remains to be seen, usually the waitlist moves through 70-80 people in total. 

I'd say about 30 spots left if I had to give a rough estimate. As for the waitlist as a whole, I'd like to think that this year was the smallest waitlist yet