Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected??

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What an emotional, amazing day! At long last! My life just flipped upside down, and there is so much to plan in so little time! AHHHH!   Result: ACCEPTED!!!!!        Geography: OOP Year: Graduate

Result: Accepted!! GPA: 4.0 MCAT: 520 ECs: Lots of stuff as I typically just follow up opportunities that interest me. Year: B.Sc. complete Geography: IP Interview: Enjoyed the interview and simply

Result: ACCEPTED!!! Completely shocked but profoundly thankful.  GPA: 3.65 (Masters GPA was not counted due to timing of completion) MCAT: 508 (131 CARS) ECs: I wrote them carefully but I don't think

I'm an OOP applicant (NS) and I just finished by undergraduate BSc

My OMSAS cGPA was (3.75) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (11)

Verbal: (11)

Biological Sciences: (13)

Written Sample: (Q)

I was accepted by Calgary. This is my first time applying to this school.

I applied to UBC, Calgary, Queens, Ottawa, McMaster, and Dalhousie.

I was interviewed at Calgary, Queens, McMaster, and Dalhousie, and have been accepted to Calgary, Dalhousie, and Queens

I will be declining my seat at Calgary so the OOP waitlist will be moving!

I was accepted and am an IP graduate student. First time applying

BSc in Science - cGPA around 3.75

Grad GPA - 4

MCAT - 12BS, 11PS, 12V, S

ECs - nothing stellar, a lot of short term volunteer stuff, sports teams, conferences, no hospital experience

I thought the interview went alright, I felt pretty comfortable talking at all the stations.

I applied to U of C, U of A, and Queen's

Interviewed at U of C, U of A, and Queen's

Accepted at U of C and U of A, waitlisted at Queen's

I'm 95% sure that I'm going to U of C

Waitlisted.

In province (Yukon), 4.0 gpa, Msc. with publications, 330, felt good about interview but that's likely where I lost an outright acceptance.

I also applied to U of A and U of S and was accepted at both. I was unsure on my choice between U of A and U of C but will go with U of A now that they apparently want me more.

Rejected

IP

3.58 GPA

10-10-12 PS T MCAT

Decent ECs, including paid healthcare experience, several foreign languages, living abroad, quite a few scholarships, etc

I think my interview went pretty average

Interestingly, I got right into U of A, and I thought I'd be much more likely to get right into U of C...I seemed to fit their average student profile much better (both generally and stats-wise). But U of A was my first choice, so I'm very happy!

BSc general, 34R MCAT, 3.80 GPA with all courses, 3.85 best 2, respectably good ECs, handsome and charming, still not good enough. Waitlisted. Better than last years rejection out of 3rd year I suppose.

I applied to U of C, U of A, and U of M, interviewed at all, still waiting for the other two.

Edit: Accepted off waitlist, May26

cGPA: 3.83 (according to OMSAS)

preGPA: 3.79

best of 2 years is 3.90

MCAT: 10B 11P 10V S

Extra currics: I'm a walking cliche - soccer for many many years, volunteered in a hospital, went to the Philippines for a month, tons of travelling on my own, and lots of little volunteer things through Rotaract.

I also was accepted at UofA and waitlisted at Queens and will be going to UofA (so guys, it will move! have faith!)

BSc general, 34R MCAT, 3.80 GPA with all courses, 3.85 best 2, respectably good ECs, handsome and charming, still not good enough. Waitlisted. Better than last years rejection out of 3rd year I suppose.

I applied to U of C, U of A, and U of M, interviewed at all, still waiting for the other two.

LOL....:P:D

ACCEPTED!! OOP (BC)

MCAT P 10 V 11 B 13 P . Gpa u of c calculation 3.95

Finished BSc. two years ago- have worked, traveled and volunteered since.

Also Interviewed at UBC.

Congratulations to all those accepted! To those who were not selected this year don't give up and make you choose activities that make you happy and not what you think will make you a good applicant.