Premed 101 Forums

Failing an OSCE - what happens?

Hey guys, I was just wondering what happens after you fail an OSCE (in general for the school you went to - I know it's different for every school)?

I feel like I just ran out of time on a few stations and got flustered near the end unfortunately :( 

Do you only have 1 shot for a re-do and if you fail that, you have to repeat the year?

Sorry to hear! It's different for every school like you said. 

I think at my school there's a make up OSCE done in the summer, but I don't know too many details tbh! And a lot of the times you may think you failed but actually end up passing, I know that's happened to me before :) 

14 hours ago, chateau22 said:

Hey guys, I was just wondering what happens after you fail an OSCE (in general for the school you went to - I know it's different for every school)?

I feel like I just ran out of time on a few stations and got flustered near the end unfortunately :( 

Do you only have 1 shot for a re-do and if you fail that, you have to repeat the year?

Ask your school. Most should have a make up OSCE after the term at some point, and allow you to remediate.