Premed 101 Forums

Still not done Ottawa Prereq (deferred examination) but accepted into Ottawa

Hi guys. I took one of the required prereqs last semester, though had to end up deferring the final exam (scheduled for April) due to health reasons. 

My deferred examination date is not yet set, but it will most likely take place in June or August.

I've also been accepted to Ottawa.

I was just wondering if everything is alright, seeing as how I took the course not in the summer, but last semester, and only have deferred the final examination due to legitimate health circumstances.

A little bit anxious here... any insight would be much appreciated.

5 minutes ago, throwaway124 said:

Hi guys. I took one of the required prereqs last semester, though had to end up deferring the final exam (scheduled for April) due to health reasons. 

My deferred examination date is not yet set, but it will most likely take place in June or August.

I've also been accepted to Ottawa.

I was just wondering if everything is alright, seeing as how I took the course not in the summer, but last semester, and only have deferred the final examination due to legitimate health circumstances.

A little bit anxious here... any insight would be much appreciated.

It's best to send the admissions office an email explaining your situation. Is there any way you can write the exam in June? If so, I don't think it'll be an issue since they ask for the prerequisite to be completed by then. On the other hand, if you can't, perhaps providing them with medical documentation would help. Definitely contact them though as only they can give you a firm answer on this!