Premed 101 Forums

Is it even worth applying for fall 2020

Hi, 

I am a billingual biomed student who is interested to apply as a pt for uottawa. 

I have a sGPA of 3,90 and I have done all the prerequesities . 

The problem is that I have a very weak CV, with only short terms volunteering and work . I also dont have any pt experience, but I will start in july to volunteer in a pt clinic.  I am also studying in uOttawa, but I live in Gatineau.

Do you think that I still have a chance to get an invite . How important is the CV in this whole process and at wich point of the applications it is checked? 

1 hour ago, someone23 said:

Hi, 

I am a billingual biomed student who is interested to apply as a pt for uottawa. 

I have a sGPA of 3,90 and I have done all the prerequesities . 

The problem is that I have a very weak CV, with only short terms volunteering and work . I also dont have any pt experience, but I will start in july to volunteer in a pt clinic.  I am also studying in uOttawa, but I live in Gatineau.

Do you think that I still have a chance to get an invite . How important is the CV in this whole process and at wich point of the applications it is checked? 

Doesn't even get looked at for UofT CAP invite. If you don't bomb the Casper, you're almost guaranteed for a CAP invite. Don't need to have too much experience to do well on the CAP (but it helps). Should just know the scope of physiotherapy, what would make you a good physio/why you want the profession. Overall your GPA will be 60% of your admission score, and the 40% from the CAP. Reach out if you have any questions.

Hey, 

So from what I know, and people told me, for UOttawa, your grades are the one who are getting you the interview. Once the interview is done, they look at your CV, grades and interview result in order to decide if you get in or not. 

I can only talk from personal experience. I got into the programme this year. I studied engineering at uottawa and my sGPa was 3.7. I didn’t have any pt experience either and not that much volunteering compare to others. However, some of my COOP terms did involve exoskeleton work which related with pt.

Each case is different and I had the same question as you before applying. However, the only way I got an answer was from applying. I’ll say take your chance! You’ll never know if you don’t try :)

I hope that helps! 

Hey I wanted to chime in because I was in the same boat as you and still got into PT this year. I had a 3.92 sGPA but absolutely no PT experience. All my PT experience started around september and then I applied in January. I had a bunch of other extracurriculars but none were related to PT what so ever. I dont think you should count yourself out. I got into UofT and UWO.