Premed 101 Forums

Dr. Walker is leaving :(

Not affiliated with U of C in any way, but his pre-rejection interview letter was the kindest one I got and I think the way Dr Walker does frequent blog posts/updates on waitlists is awesome! It really shows he understands how stressful this can be and wants to minimize it however he can. Big ups 

Big shoutout to Dr Walker over the years. I’m an alumni and he’s always commanded respect in both his admissions and clinical work. Dr Walker has definitely left big shoes to fill.

With his announced successor, if it’s the same Dr Panaccione that I’m thinking of (pre-test probability is quite high), I recall he was a very engaging lecturer for his portion of the UME pre-clerkship curriculum. Certainly I’ve been out of the loop for a while and haven’t really interacted with Dr Panaccione since UME days (no big overlap with my current clinical practice), but I suspect that he will do a great job of continuing Calgary’s progress and leadership in MD admissions. Best of luck to him with his new role!