Premed 101 Forums

CEGEP/DEC (Diploma)

It states in the FAQs that they do not include diplomas in the GPA (credits do not count and the grades are not included in the GPA calculation) ... does this include DECs (Quebec diploma)? It says that they count CEGEP credits (in a weird way) but it doesn't say if they include the grades in the GPA. I sent an email but they have not answered yet.

• 11 months later...
On 6/29/2019 at 4:39 PM, Maggie19 said:

It states in the FAQs that they do not include diplomas in the GPA (credits do not count and the grades are not included in the GPA calculation) ... does this include DECs (Quebec diploma)? It says that they count CEGEP credits (in a weird way) but it doesn't say if they include the grades in the GPA. I sent an email but they have not answered yet.

Replying to an old post but did you ever get an answer?

1 hour ago, Maggie19 said:

They weren't very helpful lol they said to apply and they'll evaluate my transcript at that time. I ended up not applying.

Alright thanks (my inclination is they wouldnt since they dont include AP credits in GPA and thats basically what Cegep is treated like)