Premed 101 Forums

Organic Chemistry at Ryerson (CKCH 142) vs Athabasca

Although I have not taken classes at either of these places, I am almost positive it will be easier at Athabasca. You would likely have longer to work on difficult concepts, and can push back exam dates etc if you're struggling. And I have heard lots about some of their science courses being easier (anecdote =/= data here lol). 

• 1 month later...

Athabasca just hands you a textbook and expects you to do all assignments etc. There are no lectures or modules to help you through. I did organic chem from Ryerson and it was good. I only did the first part and the teachers there were very helpful! Plus, the classes in summer allow you to quickly pass this course. That being said, it is only easy if you put in the work which is certainly significant for a course like organic chemistry. I wont say its easy but you will get a grade if you put in the work. Also, for laboratory component at Ryerson, you have to register it as a second class.