Premed 101 Forums

People who interviewed at Western, did you ever use the same activity twice in your ABS?

53 minutes ago, SmartfoodLover said:

Yeah, I used the same activity three times actually, but spoke of different aspects of the same activity. Also I’m not sure if this is true, but I heard that they split up your ABS and have separate people read each section, so it doesn’t matter if you repeat activities. 

Whaaat?! I'll have to email about that. If they do have different people reading each section that would be take such a load off my mind.

2 hours ago, dryorku said:

Whaaat?! I'll have to email about that. If they do have different people reading each section that would be take such a load off my mind.

I dont know if thats something theyll make public but i guess its worth a try. I had heard through the rumour mill that multiple people grade the whole thing and they average their scores. I dont think anyone outside of the adcom knows honestly

personally I wouldnt repeat the same activity unless the only other option was leaving it blank. Youre dealing with graders that are, despite all efforts subjective in their evaluations. You never know what someone may think if they see you use the same activity twice.

last year the abs said its fine to repeat activities, and as you can see people have gotten in doing it. Im just very risk aversive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...