Premed 101 Forums

Physiatry Job Opportunities

2 hours ago, DeeplySuperficial said:

Hello everyone,

What are the job opportunities like in academic centres (Ontario) for Physiatrists? I am interested in Physiatry research and would love to research work in academic centres but I'm worried about job opportunities. 

Thanks. 

There's a lot of psychiatrists that have a research team but they don't usually post job positions on hospital websites. you could try contacting a psychiatrist that you know of that is an active researcher and see if there's an opportunity for you? :) 

11 minutes ago, scrubbed0ut said:

There's a lot of psychiatrists that have a research team but they don't usually post job positions on hospital websites. you could try contacting a psychiatrist that you know of that is an active researcher and see if there's an opportunity for you? :) 

They’re asking about physiatry not psych. Physical and rehab medicine.

2 hours ago, DeeplySuperficial said:

Hello everyone,

What are the job opportunities like in academic centres (Ontario) for Physiatrists? I am interested in Physiatry research and would love to research work in academic centres but I'm worried about job opportunities. 

Thanks. 

Definitely better than all the other specialities you’ve been exploring. I think it’s one of those rising specialities that is becoming competitive because it’s attractive in terms of life style, opportunities. But you really wanna explore it because you’ve switched interest from medicine to speciality surgery to this. Really look into what you want to do with your career and the actual medicine you want to do.