Premed 101 Forums

Can anyone who got an interview at Western PLEASE PM me one entry from their ABS?

It took me hours yesterday to write stuff for one entry (still incomplete). I think this is a combination of writer's block plus I keep on doubting that what I wrote is what they want. I actually applied last year and I'm reading those answers now and my god are they terrible! Yet, I can't think of any way of approaching it differently this time around!

No. It won't help you. I wrote mine last minute, literally the day it was due, so i know i have a couple good ones and a couple bad ones. I don't know which hit it off with the reviewer though. I don't want to send you down a rabbit hole with one of my entries. I can however help you out by reading your entry and then bouncing some ideas off you. I'm on vacation rn so PM me if you're interested in that and we can setup a time next week. 

17 minutes ago, nsrdude said:

No. It won't help you. I wrote mine last minute, literally the day it was due, so i know i have a couple good ones and a couple bad ones. I don't know which hit it off with the reviewer though. I don't want to send you down a rabbit hole with one of my entries. I can however help you out by reading your entry and then bouncing some ideas off you. I'm on vacation rn so PM me if you're interested in that and we can setup a time next week. 

Might send you a PM later this week, thanks! Feel stuck in the mud right now so I thought seeing someone else's might help, but you're right that it could give me the wrong impression of what the adcom wants. 

I second nsrdude's comment. There is no structural formula to approaching the question. All you need to do is clearly answer what they asked you to answer. That being said, I'll be happy to read another one of your entries and provide my 2 cents (fresh Western med student here - can't figure out signature RIP) :) Hmu in DM

Edit: I did it mom

I also wrote all of my ABS last minute (probably did it in 3-4 hours the night before it was due and proofread in the morning). I'd focus on making sure your writing is clear and communicative - don't fluff up your entries or flourish needlessly, you want the markers to be able to read it quickly and understand what you're trying to communicate. Think of how many entries they're reading, they probably won't go back a second time if they don't understand the point of your choosing a particular activity for your ABS. Also use buzzwords, relate stuff back to the canmeds competencies and be really specific on why that experience will make you a good or excellent candidate for the medical profession.