Premed 101 Forums

grade 12 course selection

m28

Hello! my current grade 12 courses are:

- Bio

- Chem

- Advanced functions

- Business

- human development (a social sciences course)

- English

- Calculus and vectors.. I'm really debating whether I should keep calculus or take it out since health sciences programs don't require calculus and it is not part of the curriculum. Would it be beneficial to take calculus during undergrad? is it helpful for the mcat? did anyone not take physics and calculus during undergrad and still did well on the MCAT?. I would really appreciate your input. Thank you.

38 minutes ago, m28 said:

Hello! my current grade 12 courses are:

- Bio

- Chem

- Advanced functions

- Business

- human development (a social sciences course)

- English

- Calculus and vectors.. I'm really debating whether I should keep calculus or take it out since health sciences programs don't require calculus and it is not part of the curriculum. Would it be beneficial to take calculus during undergrad? is it helpful for the mcat? did anyone not take physics and calculus during undergrad and still did well on the MCAT?. I would really appreciate your input. Thank you.

There is no calculus on the MCAT. There is a small amount of physics on the MCAT, but it’s certainly possible to learn it on your own and do well. This goes for all the subjects on the MCAT. Lots of people teach themselves one or more subjects on the MCAT and do fine or very well.