Premed 101 Forums

2020 Entrance Stress

3 minutes ago, acceptmeplease said:

I shouldn’t. But I was just curious as to why so many verifiers were already being checked and if anyone was having the same thing happen! So paranoid that the changes I made this year won’t have been for the better aha

I don't think they check verifiers before the deadline. This might be different for those who submitted back in August. 

2 hours ago, acceptmeplease said:

I shouldn’t. But I was just curious as to why so many verifiers were already being checked and if anyone was having the same thing happen! So paranoid that the changes I made this year won’t have been for the better aha

Contacting verifiers takes an enormous amount of time/effort - I am sure it’s nothing more than UBC trying to get ahead of the nearly 2000 applications coming at them. I wouldn’t be surprised if they actually just go through them in the order they are submitted.

No sense stressing about it, no one here has any idea what it means. They could contact every single one of your verifiers or none. Your application is done, it is out of your hands, enjoy your life for the next few months. If you get an interview, do your prep, interview and then again, just wait. I saw so many people stressing about verifiers/ starting to worry about interviews they hadn’t even received yet last cycle. It’s not healthy to cause yourself so much stress when it isn’t needed. 

Not trying to be critical I just think it is important to separate ourselves from the process until we are required to be involved again. 

Can we just lock this thread for the sanity of applicants? I keep coming back and my message of just let it be and live your life has totally been disregarded! 

for those in the back who didn’t hear the first one: it doesn’t matter if you have had verifiers contacted or not or if someone has had 1 2 or 200. Everyone just relax we are all gunna be okay. Whether people are early deadline, regular deadline, submitted at 11:59am the day of it literally doesn’t matter. Save your stress and energy for interview day!

peace and love guys just enjoy life! 

6 hours ago, mdpwns1763 said:

Can we just lock this thread for the sanity of applicants? I keep coming back and my message of just let it be and live your life has totally been disregarded! 

for those in the back who didn’t hear the first one: it doesn’t matter if you have had verifiers contacted or not or if someone has had 1 2 or 200. Everyone just relax we are all gunna be okay. Whether people are early deadline, regular deadline, submitted at 11:59am the day of it literally doesn’t matter. Save your stress and energy for interview day!

peace and love guys just enjoy life! 

You're going to find that lots of med students keep this neurotic and un-chill behaviour in school too lol. It can get tiring, just focus on you and hold on to that chill attitude :P.